CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━

yes, miles was cute and kind and sweet. but he was also a little bit... strange.

the fact that he was seventeen and thought one of those analogue phones or whatever was a phone was a little bit worrying.

when he was gone, probably off bragging to his sister and kate that he knew all the functions of a modern phone, y/n sat at her desk, detective skills at work.

she entered a single search.

miles fairchild.

thousands of photos came up on her laptop but none of them matched his complexion.

she rolled her eyes and tried again.

miles and flora fairchild.

still, nothing.

she was about to give up before remembering her research class from last semester.

keywords.

miles fairchild maine fairchild estate.

she frowned.

because something came up, alright.

a photograph - a photograph of old paper. 

an old piece of paper with writing on it.

an old piece of paper with writing and notes on it.

an obituary.

miles, flora, and kate's obituary.

y/n took a deep harsh breath and prayed for the first time in a while that this was a different miles, flora, and kate, scrolled down to read the digitalized version.

miles fairchild died on the third of october in the year 1990 with his sister flora fairchild and their nanny kate mandell in a freak accident. 

y/n's throat dried.

maybe this was a mistake, she prayed the second time that year. maybe i'm not crazy.

the fairchild mansion went with the children and their caretaker but was rebuilt by the government a few months prior to their deaths. miles and flora fairchild are unstable children with an even more so unstable caretaker. mrs grose, the groundskeeper, says that the three of them...

she scrolled down to the hospital's notes.

medical notes on miles fairchild: unstability, ten years old, signs of sexual abuse, seen drunk, seen with an older man. 

medical notes on flora fairchild: unstability, eight years old, signs of sexual abuse.

medical notes on kate mandell: psychotic problems; late or early twenties.

well, there. see? i'm totally not crazy. miles is seventeen. the miles in the obituary is ten. 

i think i'll scroll down to the gallery just to make sure...

y/n screamed.