CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.

━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━

"mrs. l/n?" miles approached y/n's mother whilst she and kate were talking together about something in the yard as flora played with her shadow.

"yes, dear?" 

"do you mind if i borrow your laptop?" 

"of course! it's in the library, just log in with your own details."

"thank you."

following her instructions, miles found the laptop on the table.

that's good and all, he thought to himself, but how do i turn it on?

he stared at the metal book, stumped, eyed it as if it might jump out at him suddenly.

miles walked around the table where it sat, crossed his arms and glared at it (because perhaps if he glared at it for long enough it might open) before realising that glaring at the book didn't work, so he uncrossed his arms and flopped back down on the couch.

the laptop made a strange, whirring noise from the left side.

miles jumped back at it before recovering, approaching the laptop with extreme caution. 

it looks like a book, he thought to himself, so what if it opens like a book, too? just... differently.

so miles picked the laptop up. it was light and it was heavy.

miles opened the laptop sort of like how you would open a big book on it's side.

the screen flashed!

it worked!

the day went on like this until miles figured out how to search something up on the browser.

the internet was much faster than going to the library.

how to get rid of a ghost.