Prologue: How You Met Tohru Honda

A/n: Please note that this is the only chapter that will be in the first-person narrative as the rest will be my regular second-person narrative.

Well hello, my name is F/n L/n and I'm a witch in training. I come from a different world where magic particles are abundant and thus magic is much easier to use. However, Lady Reyna, my strict yet fantastic teacher thought it wise for me to train in a world lacking in magic particles thus allowing me to become stronger at spell casting. I was not very happy at the aspect of leaving her, the only family I had, but it was what she ordered, so I didn't have much say. Before leaving she gave me a set of documents for when I found a family to host me so that I wouldn't be questioned too much by people.

When I passed through the portal I found myself in a daze. The first thing I realised was that I landed in the middle of a road and a bright light was headed for me. I simply couldn't move, but a lady quickly ran by and picked me up to safety. The last thing I remember before passing out was her striking red hair. I woke up to the lady and a girl who seemed to be only a year older than me. When I explained my situation, it didn't take a lot of effort for them to believe that I indeed was a witch. Once she found out that I had nowhere to go and required a host family she welcomed me to her home with open arms and asked for nothing in return.

I didn't think too much about the offer and accepted it wholeheartedly. Using the documents Lady Reyna previously charmed for me, I wrote myself off as a distant relative being taken in by her. This was until I saw how hard the lady worked every day to make just enough for her and her daughter to scrape by. However, regardless of her state, she still decided to let me stay with them. I thought that her daughter would despise me for adding a burden to her dear mother however she didn't, she invited me with the exact sweet and kind smile. I wanted to pay them back, so I practised magic to my utmost so that I could finish training to return home quicker so as to find a way to repay them faster. I also studied harder and ended up being able to skip a year to join her daughter's class. Even though it was very difficult, I had to pay them back somehow.

One day, things went south and the lady got into an accident and died. I couldn't repay her, there was nothing I could do to save her. However, I didn't cry, as I knew she lived on through her daughter. That day, as all her extended family was grumbling about who had to take us in, I vowed that no matter what, I'd always protect Kyoko's daughter; Tohru Honda.

Dear reader,

How do you do? My name is Gwyneth and I hope this prologue was not too cringey. I know how unrealistic this is, and no I'm not talking about the witch in training thing, I'm talking about the adoption after barely knowing an unregistered child... but hey, what's the point of a fanfiction if you can't do what you want in it, right?

Also, this being a 'Yuki x reader', the bonding moments he has with Tohru will be transferred to you and a lot of the 'Kyo x Tohru' bits will be skimmed over.

Finally, I know this prologue is pretty shit, but the story will be better than the exposition (hopefully).

I hope you keep reading,

Yours truly,

Gwyneth<3

Thank you to my proofreader for this chapter , for all her help, she really helped me bring my story to a higher degree of writing, and thought me a lot along the way.