Lander

I looked like I just saw a ghost.

"Lander" I exclaimed in surprise.

"Yes, where you expecting someone else" he said sarcastically.

He was just there by the door, with his hands in his pocket and his body leaned against the door. He almost looked like he was invited.

"Wouldn't you let me in" he removed his Hands from his pocket and crossed his arm.

"Nope".

"Jas, just let him in" I heard my mom.

I turned to give her a quick look for her to understand I didn't want him here, she just smiled at me.

I sluggishly left the entrance, turning my back and making my way in with him following my lead.

"So what are you doing here Lander" I asked with more interest.

"Or did Gabby give you my address" I turned to him giving him that warning look.

"Nope! Never mind" He just smiled at me.

"I just came so that we could do our assignment together" he looked really serious, which he never was.

"What makes you think I would" I said rolling my eye.

"Jas be nice" my mom scolded.

I just sighed and stole a quick glance at her,she seems to be smiling, perhaps she was happy to see me with new friends and it's a boy.

"Fine Lander, come let's go" I just turned round and head for the stairs.

He followed me immediately without much hesitation.

"Have a great time" my mom yelled.

"Mom, we just studying" I was almost at the last climb when I replied her shouting so loud so she could hear me.

I opened the door for him to come in and just made my way directly to my reading table and switched on the lamp.

He just scanned the whole room as if he was looking for something.

"Looking for something Lander" I turned around to take a good look at him so that he could see that he was not welcomed.

"Not at all Faaitu." he just shrugged his shoulders and went to my bed.

I was annoyed and I know he could sense that.

"Can I be honest with you Faaitu?" He asked calmly.

I just nodded my head in confirmation.

"You are quite different from what I thought a girl would look like, not in a bad way I mean."

I just rolled my eyes and nodded my head slowly for him to give more emphasis but seems he would not.

"So what do you think a girl looks like?" I asked crossing my arms and leaning my back for a better explanation.

He just paused and looked at me with that questioning look.

"Girls love Barbie and usually put up stuff on their walls with this pink wallpaper, then they have magazines of all type, I'm just saying don't get me the wrong way".

I burst into hard laughter, perhaps this is the dumbest thing I've heard today.

He may be correct to some extent about girls loving the color pink and magazines, to be honest i wasn't a magazine type, I have tried to become one because Janelle loves magazine but anytime i tried to, it always turns out boring. I don't know but maybe I was cursed not to ever read a magazine.