Pairing me

We arrived the restaurant a little bit late because of my little chat with April.

We quickly went to change into our uniforms. It was compulsory. My mom made it mandatory for all of us. It was a khaki brown trouser and a blue T-shirt, which had our names written boldly at the back.

We quickly went to replace Lana and James, who works in the morning because we had to go to school.

Lana and James were really nice people. They lived in town, giving my mom much reason to close them early.

Lana was in her twenties, while James was in his early thirties.

Lana only needed this job so she could gather enough to go back to school because her parents don't have enough funding for her, according to her this is one of her many jobs. Sometimes, I pity her because she was too young to pass through this stress.

James on the other hand just needed the job until he has a better job because he was just recently laid off from his job.

"Bye, Jasmine" James and Lana greeted me goodbye.

I took over the counter, because it was my assigned place of duty, while Jeremy and Camilla took the orders. Gabby helped my mom in the kitchen.

Gabby loves cooking, just like my mom and ever since she sensed my mom was a great cook, she took the privilege to cook beside her.

"So your bill is $3 and 11 cents" I smiled without raising my heads up I was still calculating.

"Cash or card?" I said raising my heads up and letting a smile.

My smile slowly vanished when I saw it was principal Helen or should I say Lander.

"Card." she smiled, giving me her card.

Unsure of what to do or say, I took the card and made the transaction and handed it back to her.

"Oh,.. thanks, and lovely dish" she smiled almost reveling all her canine.

Now that smile looks familiar, Peter looks almost like her, maybe that's why Peter was looking so familiar the other day.

"Thanks, ....  and you have the prettiest smile" I said letting out a smile.

She just smiled and left. To be sincere her smile looks great and she is so beautiful in it, maybe that's why Peter was so charming whenever he smiles.

That almost gave me an heart attack , I never thought of her coming here at all. That was the last thing on my mind. maybe she could be nice and not fearful like she seemed. I just smiled at continued with other customers.

*******
We quickly hurried to biology lab, because she'll be grouping us today for the practical.

I just hope luck shines on me today to be paired with the right person. To be honest I wanted it to be either Gabby or Lander.

Since she came late today, we were just chatting and laughing. Whenever my eyes caught up with Lander who was sitting at the end row, he was always staring at Gabby.

If he does like Gabby, he should really just tell her, instead of catching glimpses at her. I was about to tell Gabby when Mrs. Taylor walked in.

Mrs. Taylor was a fun teacher, she always got the vibes, her slender nature reveals everything about her. Her hair was cool, ever since I knew her she always packed her hair in ponytails and her bangs always complemented the style.

She just walked in majestically and the whole class was in order once again.

She cleared her throat as if there was something in it before letting out a word.

"Well class, as you all know, I'd be sharing you into groups today," she paused for a while before saying anything. " Or should I say pairs, I would start by pairing you and giving you instructions on what to do, you and your partner must work closely because I will grade you equally." The whole class exclaimed in disagreement.

" Enough class!" She quickly raised her hands to hush the class.

"Well, let me proceed". She brought out a piece of paper from her bag which I believe that was where the names were written.

I started praying silently for a good partner. "If not Lander or Gabby, please God let it be a good person I could work with".

"…... Peter Lander and April Shipman, Gabrielle Rodriguez and John Lee, Jasmine Faaitu and  David Buckster ......".

My heart Freezed for a moment, I was shocked at the same time happy. I turned quickly and looked at my crush who seems to be smiling as well.

Wait a minute … did God just answer my prayers. Thank you God! I love you!! My heart screamed for Joy.

The class ended pretty soon, I was happy about that.

"Jasmine!!!". I heard my name from behind, I turned to see who it was. It was David.

He came to where I was. He looked nervous.
"Hi".

"Hey!" I responded smiling.

"So, I was ehn... wondering if we could get started tomorrow, maybe you could come to my house so we could get Started".

His house!, I was super excited to hear that, my heart was so happy to hear that, of course!.

"So, could you give me your number, so I could text you my address." He gave me his phone, I quickly punched my number.

I handed him his phone.
"So, I would erm.. text you my address, bye". He just smiled and went away.

I watched his tall, handsome and wonderful frame as he walked through the hallways.

"So, you like him?". Gabby asked.

Since I was now used to her, I never really bothered again. I was now enjoying it, it felt a wake up call.

"No,... Maybe,... Yes!"

"Maybe?." Gabby said that with a mocking smile.

"Yes!.. ok" I said smiling.

"You are so predictable jas". Gabby just smiled as she walked away.

My phone vibrated. I thought it was David texting his address but when I looked at the ID, it was Lander.

Lander: Dinner by eight.

Gosh!... I almost forgot I made a deal with Lander. Seriously Lander!, Is now the perfect time?. Anyways a deal is a deal. I was wondering if I could tell Gabby. I pretty much told her everything this days. No! I will end up saying everything and I'm not ready.

Yes!!!!!😁😁 She just got her chance to work closely with her crush.
Thanks for reading this chapter.
Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Kindly follow me on Instagram@adom2911