Chapter Two

I pick a strawberry off the bush and toss it in a sack. As part of the deal with Amity. I notice in my corner of my eye that Peter is trying to sneak off.

"Get back over here," I yell at him. He rolls his eyes and get back to work. I turn towards the bush. I pluck a few more strawberries. The sun beats down on me. I wipe my forehead and continue. Tris is next to me. She has cut her hair. So it is like a pixie cut.

"And I thought Dauntless training was tough," she jokes around. I laugh at her. The clock goes off. End of my shift. I stretch my back and pick up my bag. I take it to the main place and wonder off. Tris catches up with me. We head to Tobias' cabin. As soon as I open the door, I duck.

"What in the world Tobias?" Tris asks. Caleb is sitting on his floor while Tobias throws knives at the cheese by the door.

"Well Caleb came to give me some speech," Tobias informs us. "But then we strayed off to knife throwing and how good I am."

I roll my eyes and go over to my brother. I pick up a knife and throw it. The knife ends up in the middle of the cheese.

"That is how you do it," I state. I walk off, but I can tell they're watching me. I smirk as I continue down the path. I run into Susan, and old neighbor of mine when I was in Abnegation.

"Sup Sus?" I say. She turns around.

"Hello Victoria," she mumbles. I can tell she is upset.

"Have you seen your brother?" I ask. She nods her head.

"Then what's wrong?" She remains silent. "I will find out. The easy way or the hard way."

"My brother is not really speaking to me," she finally states.

"Robert won't talk to you?" She shakes her head. I think this over.

"Maybe he needs time," I state. She nods her head and walks away. I take a deep breath and head to my cabin. On the way I see others gather around Tris' cabin. I run over there.

"What's going on?" I ask as I push through the crowd. Tris is fighting with Peter. A man pulls her away.

"He has the harddrive," she shouts. Tobias walks over to him. I turn away and just go where I need to be.

                                                                                   *****

We head to the mess hall. I keep my gun hidden, but easy to get to if needed. Some Dauntless traitor's and an Erudite woman came. Thank you for shoes. If there weren't they would see my tattoo. I sit with my friends in a group. The people walk around. I keep my head down. The Dauntless traitors walk around. One walks behind my bother.

He notices the Tobias' tattoo sticking out of his shirt. He whips around and grabs the guy's gun. I pull mine out along with Tris. People try to shoot us. One grabs me and points the gun at my head. I roll my eyes and elbow him in the stomach. He crouches down and I kick him in the face.

"How stupid can you be?" I ask. I run off with the rest of my friends. I jump on the train with Tobias, Caleb, and Tris. A group of Factionless that is armed are there. I mean some have guns. 

"Can I go without having a gun trained on me?" I shout.

"Victoria?" I look to see Edward. He has an eye patch now, but is pretty much the same. He lowers his weapon. The rest follow his way.

"You're alright," I state.

"We have to show you something," he states.