Chapter Six

Tris runs over.

"What took you so long?" I ask.

"Your brother," she states. I nod my head and hand her a gun. We run up stairs and hop on a train. I hang on to the railing and hang out. The wind blows against my face and send my hair flying back. I might never get a chance to enjoy this again.

My mind starts to wander. I wish I could help Uriah. He has started drinking after he heard the news. But this will help him and everyone else. When I see the lights from the Erudite compound, the sun is already up.

"Ready?" I ask. Tris nods her head. We back up and run, jumping off the train. We stick the landing. I take the lead and enter the main building. Jeanine Matthews is standing there. We get our hands bound together.

"Are you happy now?" I snap.

"Very," she smirks. They lead us down the hall until they shove Tris down another hallway and blindfold me. They push me down the path. I study my steps. Ten then left. Three then right. I get hit in the back of my head. Pulling me out of my thoughts.

"What was that for?" I shout.

"You're probably remembering the path," an extremely familiar voice states. But who? I get pushed into a seat. The blindfold is removed to reveal Jeanine, Peter (not shocked), and Caleb.

"What are you..."

"I know where I stand Victoria," he says. He walks away. Jeanine looks proud of his decision. Peter is the only one that seems to be having second thoughts. He follows Caleb.

"We can get this over with," I say.

"What?" Jeanine questions. "You're the one prisoner."

"I am here on my own decision," I point out. "I am smarter in different ways. You are just book smart."

"And?"

"Put two and two together," I snap. "I can easily get out if I please. So making a deal with me is on your best interest."

"What is that you want?" I can tell she is getting annoyed.

"I want to know everything going on if I want to," I state. Tris is probably going to say the same thing, so I need to add to it. "And you better not cause pain to Tris or any other people that exists."

"As long as they don't get in my way," Jeanine says. "Deal."

"Good," I state. I know not to push it. Or she probably go back on her end. Peter comes back with her assistants. I'm put through a type x-ray that scans my brain. It takes a few minutes before it's over. Everyone crowds around it while I stay in the chair.

"You want to see it?" Peter asks.

"I'm good on seeing something inside of me," I state calmly. This is going to be fun.