Chapter Seven

I have been here for a week now, and I have not seen Tris once. We're tested at different times in different rooms. And we stay in different holding cells. Peter walks in and grabs my arm. He pulls me out of my holding cell and down the other hallway.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.

"Shut up," he growls. "I need to show you something and if we're caught we're both dead."

I close my mouth until we get to another cell. Peter opens the door to show Tobias sitting on the bench. He is looking at the ground.

"I told you she's alright," Peter says. Tobias looks up. Peter lets me go. We run and give each other a hug.

"Have you seen Tris?" I ask him.

"You haven't?" I shake my head.

"She's fine," he states. "I'll get you two out of here soon."

"Other people are coming," Peter whispers/shout. I hide along the wall by the door.

"Let them go," Tobias shoots at Peter. He can act when he wants to. "You have me, so let them go."

"We need more to check the data collected," Peter snaps. "And so shut up and..."

He pulls me out and shuts the door. I'm rushed back to my cell.

"Thank you," I say. Peter just nods his head and leaves. I lean back and stare at the ceiling. This is going to be hard. And why was Peter helping me? I dose off.

                         *****

The sound of a door wakes me. Peter puts down a bowl of broth and bread.

"They're going to execute Tris tomorrow," he states.

"What?" I shout. "Did we not..."

"She attack Jeanine," he says as he closes the door. He sits on the ground across from me. "And so she is a threat. But I have a plan."

"I'm listening," I say. "But aren't we being recorded?"

"I messed up the camera here so all they see it's you eating," he says. "And they can't hear us. But that'll last only a couple minutes."

"Well speak."

"I have these monitors that are messed up. I'll inject Tris with this serum that will temporarily paralyze her. The monitors will then show she is dead. I'll carry her out and get you and your brother. Then we'll escape," he says in one breath.

"Oh and  in a minute that soup has to be gone," he adds. I nod my head and he leaves. That guy confuses me a lot. But I'm thankful for him. We'll get out of here all alive if he does what he says.

I gulp down the soup and start on the bread. So that way I'm with the loaded video. I have to be ready to run tomorrow. Peter must be explaining the plan to Tobias.

                      *****

The door flies open to show Tobias, Peter, and Tris laying limp in Peter's arms.

"Gun," I order. Tobias hands me a gun. We run out down the hall. I shoot a Dauntless Traitor. We pass through a doorway when Tris wakes up.

"Watch it," she shouts. Peter puts her down. Peter hands her a gun as we run out of the place until we come to a garbage chute.

"Ready?" Peter asks. Tobias looks like he is about to protest, but I hop in before he could. I slide down. Wind rushes around me like when I jumped from the building a couple of times. I land in the ally way.

"You're good," I shout up there. In a few minutes, we're all down at the bottom.

"Where to?" I ask Tobias.

"Abnegation," he states.