Chapter Five

I watch Eric's trial for his crimes. Why are we even having one for him?

"You have been found guilty and we shall have the usual execution," Tori states. Each one of the council members give me a gun. I take out all the bullets except for one in one of the guns. I let them choose. The members take aim.

"How about Stiff shoots me?" Eric suggests. "I would love to see you squirm."

"Maybe I should," I offer. I stare daggers at Eric.

"No," Tobias states. "I will."

He picks up on of the bullets and load his gun. He takes aim again and shoot Eric in the head. I shrug my shoulders. That works.

                      *****

I load the paint gun. The plan is to cover every camera there is in the Dauntless Section. We moved back to be ourselves. I shoot the camera and run off. I go and shoot another when my shirt gains a red spot. I look at Tris.

"You're dead," I warn/joke. I shoot midnight blue paint at her. She laughs and runs off. I notice Tobias is talking to Harrison.

I sneak up behind Tobias and motion to Harrison to remain quiet. I shoot Tobias on his back. He turns around.

"Victoria Eaton," he growls.

"Come and get me," I tease him. I run off laughing like a little kid. I literally run into Uriah. We shoot each other and run in the other way.

Everyone joins in and soon paintballs are flying everywhere. Tobias comes up. I try to shoot, but I'm out of ammo.

"I got you now," he says.

"Are you sure?" I ask. He laughs and shoots me with bright green paint. This is Dauntless. Free. Free to be ourselves and have fun.

                         *****

I sit on the edge of the building I entered in as a Transfer. That seems so long ago. I seen these people from before. One of them is Marlene, one of the people I was training with.

"What's going on?" I ask her. She keeps walking forward and stops at the edge of the roof. They're in a sim. Tris and Christina run over.

"This will happen every two days until two divergents come," Marlene states. She jumps with the other two. We run to them, but only fast enough to save two of them.

Marlene's body lays mangled on the ground below. I let out a squeal. How am I going to tell Uriah this? He loved her. Tris pulls me to the side while Christina checks on the two we saved.

"Are we going?" I ask her.

"Yep," she replies popping the p.

"Tomorrow night?" I ask.

"Tomorrow night," she agrees.