Memory loss...

Bucky stared at me, then the technicians tried to push him back down. He pushed them away roughly and got off his bed. Bucky walked towards me. My heart beat increased rapidly. The guards in the room backed away slightly and so did the man who led me in. I stood my ground, I felt all the eyes in the room staring at me. He came so close that our noses almost touched. I remained still. "You're not afraid of me?" Bucky asked confused. "I was never afraid of you Bucky," I responded quietly. He stared daggers at me, my eyes stayed on his as I slowly stepped a bit closer to him. He stepped back, "Who are you? And how do you know me?" "Y-you don't remember me," I said with sadness in my voice. Bucky looked up and down at me, he shook his head. I covered my mouth with my right hand and closed my eyes. I could already feel the hot tears running down my face. I felt strong arms around me as I sobbed quietly. I looked up and saw that Bucky was holding me in his arms. "Don't cry Beth please," he whispered to me. For a moment he held me, telling me it would be okay. I actually believed him for once. Then something snapped in Bucky, "What the hell am I doing?" He instantly pulled back. "Okay this meeting has gone south, take her to the room," the man with circular glasses said. "No wait please!" I pleaded as a guard pointed his gun at my head but I didn't care, "Bucky you remembered me! For a split second you remembered me, you remembered you loved me!" Bucky turned away from me and the guards. "You have to remember," I urged as several guards held me back,"please!... James." Bucky turned his head so he could see me. Then I swear, at the last second, he winked at me. Like on the train before he fell. He winked, and in that moment, I knew everything was going to be okay. The guards in the room pushed Bucky back down onto his bed. I didn't care if they killed me, I just don't want to loose him again. I fought back, I didn't want to go through everything all over again. They held me back and pushed me out of the room.

They dragged me to a small grey room. There was a bed made of metal and a thin blanket to go along with it. There was no pillow, but a sink and a toilet stood in the corner. "Miss Bethany please be reasonable," the man said to me. "Reasonable!" I said flabbergasted. "You expect me to manipulate the person I love for you! If you do, you are sorrily mistaken," I said to him angrily. "Bethany, you will cooperate with us or else," the man said dryly. "Or else what," I said through gritted teeth, "you'll kill me because I was thinking of ending my misery too." "No no Bethany we won't kill you, we need you," the man said,"I'll kill him."

My expression softened. "You wouldn't." "Try me," he smirked, "so Bethany, will you take the job or his life?" "What do you want me to do?" I asked sadly. "Oh good you'll take the job," he said cheerfully, "I won't need you now so you'll have to wait, hmm maybe seventy or a hundred years." "A hundred!" I exclaimed, "I can't live that long." "Not if you're not frozen," he said, "in ice." Then he led me to a tube a little taller than me but much wider. "Step in," he said simply. I stood there staring at the tube, how I would be frozen in it for several years. Alone in the dark, without anyone but myself to defend me. Then guards came in and caged me in the tube. They sealed it shut. I felt it rapidly getting colder. My lip trembled as I hugged my sides. I felt my legs lock in place. It was getting really cold now. I closed my eyes and let the cold overcome me.

*Note* And that's chapter 2! I know, I know... So many cliffhangers! Gahhhh! But the next chapter will be short but special because...it's Bucky's narrative! Woo hoo! So yeah, thanks for reading again! -Penguin