Bucky? Bucky!

*note* I have no good title ideas in my head for this chapter because there is no real main idea in it. XD See how organized I am? Anyways this is going to be a pretty big chapter (in my opinion) because I haven't updated in a while. So hope you all like it. - Penguin

I woke up on a bed. The last thing I remembered was that I was cold. Bucky, the job, that crazy dude with glasses. I remembered it all. I got up and saw that no one was in my room. I looked down and saw that I was wearing a hospital style patient dress. I looked around my room, it was painted a dull beige colour. A few chairs stood next to the door. But that was about it. I slowly walked over to the door. I placed my hand on the knob and turned it. I looked out and saw no guards to my left or right. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. I stepped out slowly, preparing for anything. I looked around and saw that my room was the last one and I could only go left. I walked down the hallway and saw that there was another door, much similar to mine. I put my right ear close to the door to find out if there were any guards in the room. I didn't hear any foot steps or voices which was a good sign. I placed my hand on the knob and turned it slowly. There was another bed. The room was a mirror image of mine. The only difference was that someone was in the bed.

I closed the door after I stepped in. I slowly approached the bed and noticed... That it was the same man I had seen years ago. Bucky laid in bed peacefully. I felt the tears welling up in my eyes as I saw his mechanical arm. I tried to keep myself positive, telling myself that he would be alright. We could go back to our normal lives. But deep down I knew that that would never happen. How could we? "Bucky," I whispered to myself. I couldn't contain my emotions anymore, I bent over and put my head on his chest. My arms supported my head. I could hear his heart beat. It was steady. I wanted to lie down beside him forever. He meant so much to me. But he would never even remember who I am. Or how much I love him. "I'm sorry," I whispered to him,"I never wanted this to happen, now it's all my fault. I'm sorry." I sobbed, Bucky didn't wake up luckily, he isn't exactly the heaviest sleeper. I smiled and sobbed harder. I finally stopped crying and I stroked his cheek. "I love you James," I said as I stood up properly and kissed him on the top of his head, "and I'll be with you..."My hand moved to his. "Till the end of the line." I turned to leave, my hand leaving his. Then a something with a firm grip grabbed my wrist "Wait." I sucked in a breath, he was awake. "Is it true?" Bucky said groggily. "Is w-what true?" I asked. "You...loved me, even...even when I'm like...this?" He said now fully awake. I turned to face him, his messy brown hair got in the way of his eyes. His eyes, how lifeless they were when I looked at them. They used to be filled with love and happiness, now there is nothing. But pain. Terrible pain that is demanded to be felt. I looked straight into his dark greenish blue eyes and said to him honestly, "No, I didn't used to love you, I never did." Bucky looked at me and somewhere in his eyes I saw a bit of sadness. "The thing is that I still love you. I never stopped," I finished. Bucky stared at me then said in a low voice, "then run. "

"What?" I said confused. "Run and don't stop, no matter what just run," Bucky said as he started to get off his bed. "Run and don't stop, you love me don't you," he said as we walked down the hallway. I nodded my head, "of course I do." "Then run for me," he said. I stopped walking. "No." He turned to face me, "listen, I love you okay, I really do but this time you have to run." I looked into his eyes and this time I saw something different that I've never seen in Bucky's eyes before. "I'm not leaving you," I said without a doubt. "No go," Bucky said, "don't make it harder then it already is okay. I love you!" I looked deeper into his eyes and saw the same thing I saw earlier, nothing. No concern. No sincerity. No love. This wasn't him.

"What's your name?" I asked him. "Huh?" Bucky answered confused.
"What's your name?"
"James."
"No it isn't."
"Bethany I think I know my own name."
"Okay," I said as I furrowed my brow, "I was just checking, James." He smiled a little at me and led me away from our rooms. Bucky hated being called James, even though that was his name. He never called me Bethany, it was always Beth. I saw that he had a gun at the back of his belt. I swiftly took it, pressed the end of it into his back and pushed him against the wall roughly.

"Where's Bucky?" "Bucky? Bethany you've got this all wrong. I-" "Shut your hole, where is he?" I said as I pressed it harder into his back. "I don't know-"
"Stop denying, just answer the freakin' question," I said as I put my finger on the trigger, "or I'll shoot." "You don't have the guts to." I fired a bullet that just barely missed his left cheek,"Feel like talking yet?" Thank God the real Bucky taught both me and Steve how to shoot and fire a gun. "Okay okay just hold your fire!" He said panicking, "he's in the Chamber, getting wiped because he remembered you, again!" I wave of sadness washed over me. It was my fault. It was all my fault, if he didn't remember me he wouldn't have gotten tortured. "Where is it?" "Down the hall, turn left, it's the third door on your right! Just please don't shoot!" I rolled my eyes,"thank you for cooperating," and with that I shot him in the leg and punched him in the face. Now that he was knocked out, I left him in his room.

I can't believe he wasn't actually Bucky. How could I be so stupid! I walked down the hall and turned left, gun still in hand. I came across a couple of guards but they were easily taken care of. I hid them in the closest empty room. I counted the doors, one...two...three. The third door had a huge glass window next to it.

I looked through it and saw a man, his wrists were strapped to a metal chair. There were two huge electric shockers, one on his left part of his face, the other rested on his right shoulder. He was breathing heavily, then out of nowhere a huge electrical charge came from the chair. He screamed in pain. Tears streaming down his face as he clenched his fists. Beads of sweat dropped down his face as the charge stopped. He gritted his teeth in anger. I couldn't bare to watch anymore, I knew who that man was. Bucky. Tortured, in pain, non stop, unbearable pain. I looked around and saw that the second door led to the control room.

I shot the lock on the door and entered, gun on point. I shot the first person in the stomach and the second in the chest. Another ran to a red button but I shot him in the leg, making him cry out in pain. Then I shot his chest. I breathed in and out heavily letting the gun drop to my side. I rushed over to the controls and stopped this awful machinery. I hurried out of the room and unlocked the door with the keys I got from the control room. It opened and Bucky hung there, panting from the treatment. "Bucky," I said getting closer to him. "Stop! Stop the pain!" He yelled frantically. I unlocked all the chains and set him free. He looked up at me. I saw only one thing in his eyes, fear. "Bucky please," I tried. "Listen I'll listen, that's what you want right?" Bucky said in a frightened voice. "I don't want to hurt you, Bucky just please hear me out," I said as Bucky started backing away into a corner. His eyes darted around the room, like the first time I saw him like this. "O-okay," he said as he backed up into the wall. "Do...do you remember me?" I asked him. I winced, preparing for him to say no. He searched my hazel eyes, he slowly nodded, "B-B-Beth?" I nodded, my eyes staying on his. I slowly took a step closer to him. "Beth? I-" My lips crashed down on his. It's been too long. As in 70 years too long. He stood paralyzed, then slowly wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed me back. Once we pulled back I hugged him...er more liked squeezed to death-ed him. I sobbed, so many emotions ran through my body right now. "Beth... I don't know what to say," Bucky whispered as we hugged. "Then don't say anything," I responded as I pulled away from him. "We have to get out of here," I said. He nodded and followed me out the door. I quickly picked up the gun I left in the control room and followed him out. After a few minutes of running down corridors, we smashed head first into someone.

*note* Yeah another cliffhanger. But hey! Wait! There's gonna be another Bucky chapter! I'll update real soon because I know some of you *coughs* Liv, really like my story and I am so happy that you do! -Penguin