The Last Chapter

*note* As you can see this is the last chapter :( but don't worry, I'm working on a sequel that I will post very soon. This was meant to be a short story so I could fit it all in one note but now I can write a lot more freely. Thank you guys so much for reading and actually staying until the very end. This chapter is Bethany's narrative and then it switches over to third person narrative. This is now in the present, after their daring escape (sort of) and Bethany is giving the soldier his mask, (you know like back at the beginning of the fanfic, wow that seems like such a long time ago). Anyways, I can see you're all dying from my endless talking, I'm going to start the chapter right.......Now. - Penguin

000000

Ever since then I've been trapped here. In this military base, with dozens of other technicians and doctors around me. I rounded the corner and turned the knob of an unlocked door. Bucky stood there emotionless. My heart pounded loudly in my ears. I stepped closer to him. He stood still, like a puppet, waiting for someone to pull his strings. I held out my hand and offered him his mask. He roughly took it away from me. I searched his eyes for, anything. "Please," I whispered to him. It was barely audible but I knew he heard me. But, like that Hydra agent, I saw nothing. No feeling existed in him anymore. He was a living weapon. A broken man that I could not fix. I tried so hard... But I failed. I failed him. I felt the hot tears trickling down my checks as I turned away. He's never going to remember me. Just like that, they said. Or Steve. Or anyone. Never again. He was gone, along with any hope I had in me. Gone...lost forever in darkness.

111111

What Beth didn't know about was that a trail of ice had followed her out of the room. "Okay, good work soldier," a raspy voice said, the winter soldier nodded, "now back to your sleeping quarters." The soldier nodded again and left the room silently, guards following behind him. A deep laugh pierced the room's silence, "I guess we have discovered that the doctor was right, she was a miracle."

END

*note* I hope you all enjoyed it and again, you guys are awesome for reading this far! Special thanks to storiesbyliv02 for supporting me and giving me the courage to post this fanfic for all of you. I'm so happy that all of you guys read my very first fanfiction! Thank you so much and yeah, you're awesome :D Bye for now and happy reading!

- Penguins Write (because they can! :D)