Chapter 31

TW: None
Word Count: 1940

"I think it's ready to be made," I said, looking up at him.

"That's great," he said, smiling at me.

"Yep, now we just need your measurements."

"How will we do that?" He asked, standing from his chair. I took him to another part of the lab and revealed a stall-like machine. "You want me to get into that?"

"Yep," I said, going over to it. "It's accurate and reads through your clothes, so you don't have to take anything off."

"Wouldn't want me to scar you?"

"Huh?" I asked, turning it on and calibrating it.

"Nothing, doll," he said, watching me press the buttons on the machine.

There was a certain amount of tension since I told him about talking to Tony.

"You know you can probably get back to working out soon," I said, still focusing on starting the machine up.

"As long as you come and keep me company."

"And if I say no, are you just going to stop working out?"

"Maybe," he said with a laugh.

"Alrighty, step into the thing. I'm going to close the door and it's just going to scan you. Do you want me to show you how it will work?"

"No, I trust you," he said, stepping into the machine.

"Okay," I said, closing the door. I pressed a few buttons and it was over in less than a minute. "All done," I said, opening the door for him.

"That wasn't bad," he said.

"Nope," I said, programming the machine to send the measurements to the fabric maker in Tony's lab. "Here we go." I grabbed my notebook before walking out of the lab with Bucky close behind me. "Hey Tony," I said, walking past him.

"Hey," he said quietly. I think that's the first time I've heard him say anything quietly.

I went over to the machine and started to program it to do what I wanted it to. I scanned the drawing and the machine digitized it. I made a few adjustments to it before turning to Bucky.

"Does this look good?" I asked, waiting for his approval.

"Yeah," he said, smiling at me.

I did the last few things I needed to before the machine started up. It quickly made the pieces I wanted it to and I grabbed them from the machine, holding them up to him.

"Looks right," I said, smiling. "This is the first part," I said, handing him the undershirt. "Second." I handed him the next shirt. "And third." I handed him the jacket. "Pants." I handed him the pants. "I have a little changing area thing in my lab," I said, walking back out of Tony's lab. "It's behind that curtain," I said, pointing at the curtain as I walked into the room.

"What if I need help?" He asked, smirking at me.

"I think you can handle getting dressed," I said, pushing him towards the changing section. "If anything, I can get Steve to help you."

I sat down and waited for him to get dressed. I wrote down a few things about what he could possibly put in the different pouches of his uniform. When I heard the curtain open again, I spun around in my chair to look at how it fit.

I noticed that I did a great job at styling the outfit. He looked very attractive. I stared at him in awe, feeling my face get red.

"Like what you see?" He asked and I was snapped out of my trance.