Chapter 33

TW: None
Word Count: 2100

I stored the design of my potential suit in one of my file cabinets randomly. No one ever goes for the file cabinets. I quickly deleted Tony's suit design from my computer and went back to working on company stuff. I heard a knock at my doorway and I turned to see Tony in it.

"What's up?"

"I got a notification saying that my files were hacked into. Do you know anything about that?"

"I've been working on company stuff," I said innocently. "Maybe it was a false alarm."

"Maybe," he said, drifting off in thought. "What's wrong with your hand?" He asked, noticing that it was wrapped.

"Accidentally punched something hard."

"You punched the metal arm, didn't you?" He asked, sitting down in the chair next to me.

"How'd you know?" I asked, looking at my hand.

"You were being vague about it," he said with a smirk. "How's that thing going?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you and Bucky like a thing?" He asked and I crossed my arms.

"Maybe," I said, shrugging. "You don't need to know."

"I guess you're right," he admitted quietly.

We sat and talked about anything that'd come up for the next hour or so. I was typing something when I heard footsteps coming down the hallway. Tony and I both turned to the door to see who it was.

"Hey," Bucky said, sighing. I discretely removed the bandage from my hand and smiled at him.

"Hey," I said back to him.

"How's the hand?" He asked. I held it up slightly.

"It's fine." I knew if he knew it was hurt, he'd somehow blame it on himself. I saw Tony look at me suspiciously.

"Well I'd better get going." Tony stood up from his chair. I told him bye before he left and Bucky stole his seat back.

"Can I look at it?" He asked holding his right hand out. I sighed before giving him my hand. "It's bruised, maybe we should wrap it just in case."

"I'm sure it'll be fine," I said, taking my hand away and smiling at him. He saw the bandage on the floor and picked it up.

"Let's wrap it," he said before I reluctantly gave him my hand again. "It's funny that it's warm. It's like you had it wrapped and then took it off. Why'd you do it?" I sighed and threw my head to the back of my chair dramatically.

"I didn't want you to worry, I guess," I said. "Can you do it a little tighter?" He pulled on it lightly.

"Better?"

"I need like tighter tighter," I said, sitting back up before trying to take the strip from his hand.

"I can do it, doll," he said, pulling on it.

"That's good," I said before he secured it.

"What have you been working on?"

"Company stuff," I said, motioning to the monitor.

"That's fun," he said, grabbing a paper from my desk. "What's an arc reactor and why are you trying to find a replacement for it?" He asked and I took it from him.

"It's from a company project," I said, getting up. "I stopped working on it though."

"Why?" I shoved the paper in a file cabinet.