Teenage Drama (C)

The evening progressed with a lot of drama. Couples formed, broke up or got into a fight. Hermione was head over heels and Ron miserable. Harry was great company, shielding me from the guys that abounded their dates to ask me to dance.

Eventually, a big fight broke out between Ron and Hermione and Harry went to fix it, leaving me alone.

It was then that someone tapped on my shoulders. I sighed, already preparing to decline to dance but when I got around all colour left my face. It was Johnny with his arm slung over my ex-boyfriend.

"Up for a dance with your brother and his best friend?" Johnny mused

"Up for a dance with your brother and his best friend?" Johnny mused. Cedric looked more than uncomfortable and the anger flared up in me again. He had no right to be uncomfortable. He was the one to break it off.

"No," I said. Johnny laughed, oblivious to the tension between me and his friend.

"Come on, are you that into Potter? You haven't danced with anyone else the entire night!" Johnny exclaimed. I ignored the way Cedric's jaw clenched.

"I danced with the Weasley twins," I mumbled under my breath, trying to avoid Cedric's gaze.

Johnny laughed,

"Yeah, Angelina probably wanted to scratch your eyes off for that," he said.

I smiled and looked up at him,

"I can dance with you if you want,"

I hoped this would distract him but it fired back.

"What about the other school champion? Doesn't he deserve a dance too?" Johnny asked and I swallowed.

Time to give some of those daggers Cedric put in me back.

"Nah, thank you. I've had it with older guys," I hissed his way.

"What? What older guys? Did someone do something to you?" Johnny asked alarmed.

Shit, I hadn't thought that one through. Well, all of nothing.

"Well, I've been dating this guy. He was a bit older than me," I began, enjoying the way Cedric's eyes bulged.

"But he turned out to be a complete asshole. The absolute worst," I continued. Cedric shrunk under my gaze and I almost smirked at that.

"Well, tell me who to kill," Johnny said and I looked back to him with a faint smile.

"It's okay. He did nothing bad to me other than the usual teenage heartbreak. I already forgot about him," I lied.

Johnny opened his mouth to say something but I took his hand and pulled him to the dance floor, leaving Cedric behind. I threw a glance at him over my shoulder and he was staring at me intently and looking like a kicked puppy.

"Is that why you've been off lately?" Johnny suddenly asked me and I looked back at him.

"I'll spare you with the details," I said, scoffing afterwards.

"Li," he began softly. He seemed sad and that irritated me. Johnny was never sad.

"You should tell me if you're hurting," he eventually said, sounding hurt.

Suddenly my thoughts about vengeance on Cedric escaped my head and I only thought of the guilt I felt for not telling my brother.

"I know.." I mumbled as I looked down in shame.

"You know, and I'm only going to say this once and never again and probably only because someone spiked the punch but...I don't really feel like just your brother. I feel like you're sort of...my kid, you know? Ever since mom died and dad works so much and...I know it's stupid and all... but I'm not just your brother. I have to take care of you. So you should tell me if something serious is going on with you," he said before laughing,

"Ced always calls me a mother hen. I mean, I guess you could say that. I don't show it to you that much but I really don't want you to get hurt, okay? You're sort of all I have,"

My stupid, stupid, stupid brother.

"Lia, I think-.. Wait, are you crying? Why are you crying?"

I sobbed a little harder, stopping in my track and letting my arm fly to my eyes.

"Of course I'm crying you ass! You can't just tell me stuff like that and not expect me to cry," I whined before hiding my face in his chest. Johnny stilled for a second before laughing wholeheartedly and hugging me back.

"It's not a complete teenage drama without crying at a ball," Johnny mused, making me laugh through my tears before he kissed the crown of my head.

"You're all I have too," I mumbled. Johnny just hugged me tighter and let his chin rest on my head.

Me, Yule Ball 1994, taken by Hermione Granger before fabulously ascending down the stairs 

My totally platonic date, Yule Ball, taken by me (Harry Potter )

Snapshot of Quidditch Captain Johnny Kim at the Yule Ball

*taken by some STALKER and left in the common room (seriously, who takes pictures of strangers???)-J