Going Back

A few months later

I was finished with class and walked in on one of the most obscure sights I could fathom - My grandmother and the minister of magic playing mahjong.

"Um," I said awkwardly, making the two look at me

"Ah, Mrs. Kim! There you are! We were just talking about you," he smiled.

"Hello, Prime Minister," I said, bowing to him out of habit. Then I realised he was white and a political asshole and scowled.

He laughed and returned the gesture.

"May I ask why you were talking about me?" I asked as I walked to the table, sitting down by one of the empty chairs. I looked at the game and felt the corner of my mouth twitch when I saw that my grandmother was winning.

"Mr. Fudge is trying to convince me that you and your brother have to go back to Hogwarts," my grandmother said before doing her next move.

My widened eyes went to Fudge who kept a cool face.

"The ministery has done some changes and we want every British magical student to have the same fundamental education. I know your grandmother is doing a fantastic job but we think it's best to have you back in Hogwarts. Especially your brother as he is about to graduate!"

Fudge set his next move. He was losing so hard it was hard not to laugh.

"I do not want my children back in a school where they let the students die," my grandmother said curtly. Her insensitive words hurt and I looked down to my lap, inhaling deeply.

"Ah, see, that was under the jurisdiction of Dumbledore. The ministry has taken care of that. One of our people is now in charge," he explained happily.

"Dumbledore isn't headmaster anymore? What?" I asked in disbelief.

Fudge hummed,

"He has plotted against the ministry. He has made some students form an army! Can you believe that?" he said.

My eyes widened. Is that why I haven't received many letters from my friends? They had all been so vague too. Was it because the ministry had their hands in the play?

"I don't want them to leave," My grandmother said curtly and Fudge sighed.

"The Semester is only for one more month, Mrs. Kim. It would certainly benefit your eldest. With the official Owls taken he'll have far more chances to get a job, especially in the ministry! And Lia certainly misses her dear friends, doesn't she?" he asked, turning to me.

I furrowed my brows, not knowing what to choose. I did miss them and for some reason I felt as if they needed me, especially with the strange happenings. Yet was I ready?

"Fine. I'll send Johnny," Grandmother said and my head snapped to her.

"Just him?" I asked.

She looked at me and squinted her eyes.

"He is right. Johnny should have the last moments of his education in Hogwarts," she said.

I felt my chest clench and I looked at her desperately,

"Please don't seperate us, Nainai!"

Yes, Johnny was a pain in the ass but after losing Cedric I had grown overly attached to him. Well, he had always been a sort of protecting presence. He was the one I would climb into bed to when I had nightmares or check my cupboard for monsters but since he spent most of his time in Hogwarts while I was in China we hadn't been as close as now.

My grandmother looked at me for a long time before nodding.

Fudge excidetly clapped his hands and stood up.

"Perfect! Shall we arrange for the two of you to come back by noon tomorrow? It'll be a Saturday so you'd have time to adjust until your classes start Monday. Mrs. Kim, I must say it was quite a match, even if I lost already. I'll be going now. The ministry doesn't sleep, " he laughed, walking towards the chimney hastily.

Once he left my grandmother turned to me.

" Are you sure about your decision?" she asked.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

"Cannot know until I'm back, can I?"