The Party

Draco had been right about this party. It definitely wasn't his. Though some people from Slytherin were there most of the attendees were middle aged, well dressed people who exceeded power. Even international guests had been invited.

The party had so far been extraordinarily boring for me. I didn't care for small talk nor the people my age, especially Draco who seemed to be avoiding me again. He was so childish, how he so vividly loves me one day and then hates me the next. It must be tiring, feeling this much.

I just stood by one of the various tables filled with delicates such as the chocolate covered strawberries I was stuffing into my mouth.

''Your snack compliments your dress well,'' someone with an american accent behind me said, followed by a low chuckle.

I rolled my eyes and turned around, wanting to tell the person to not even bother

I rolled my eyes and turned around, wanting to tell the person to not even bother. Yet when I was met with their face all I could think was 'Damn'.

A flirtatious smile immediately graced my lips before I, probably more slow than necessary, put another strawberry into my mouth

''They're delicious. Would you care for one, american stranger?'' I mused. The guy smiled and placed his champagne glass on the table,

''Why is it that the first thing the British do when they meet me is point out that I'm American?'' he laughed and I joined him.

''My name is Logan Young. Would you like to tell me your name while we dance?'' he asked as he reached his hand out. I smiled and took it, following him to the dance floor.

As his hand wrapped around my waist my eyes met those of Draco Malfoy. He didn't seem amused at all and I smiled at his jealousy. Hopefully he was getting excited again. These past few days he had been sulking about god knows what and denying me any sort of fun with him.

Logan settled us into a slow march as we fit right between all the other dancing couples.

''Will you finally tell me you name then, mysterious British girl?'' he asked.

''Kim. Lia Kim,'' I said. In this world it was common to state your last name first, status being everything.

''The girl they are looking for?'' Logan asked, not letting his face show any emotion. Interesting. Surprise would have been appropriate.

''In all the articles they did not mention that I decided to leave on my own. Well, you know how the media spins the truth,'' I said casually. Logan turned us around and I could see Draco across the room again. He was standing next to his mother, seething. I raised my eyebrow challengly before Logan's form blocked my view.

''Is that so?'' Logan finally asked.

''So you're one of them now?''

I squinted my eyes at him, deciding to play dumb for now.

''One of what? A birthday guest?'' I asked, batting my eyelashes at him. Logan scoffed before his charming smile returned,

''A death eater,'' he explained.

I laughed,

''I have no interest in ideologies. Death eaters or the Order. Dark or light. They're all the same anyways,'' I explained.

''How so?'' Logan asked, voice low as the next steps of the dance caused us to pass by a couple for a few seconds.

I clenched my jaw,

''They all let people die for their cause,'' I explained, looking into Logan's eyes. He had his face under control.

''You're awfully young to be involved in the matters dark and light, don't you think so?'' he eventually said.

I wondered how old he was. He looked about to be 20. A suspicion rose inside of me and I let my hand move down from his shoulder to his chest. His eyes stayed on mine and he smiled at what he thought to be flirtation.

''Aren't you too obvious to be investigating me undercover?'' I asked with a dangerous smile as I placed my hand inside the inner pocket of his jacket, revealing a badge.

Logan squinted his eyes at me and I carefully put the badge back.

''What does the american ministry want from me? I suggest you answer truthfully,'' I threatened. He didn't seem very intimidated by me. Well, he will be.

''Nothing in particular, Miss. We just want to know what the great dark lord would want with a 16 year old. There have been no demands to your family so it's obviously not a kidnapping and your relatives are awfully quiet about all of this, almost like they know you won't go back. The ministry finds it awfully suspicious,'' he explained before twirling me around.

''Don't the american and british ministries work together? Why would you walk into a party full of people who want to ambush it?'' I countered his question. He smiled at me.

''Look around you. Half of the people here are from the ministry. We are all like minded here, knowing who belongs into our world and who doesn't. Well, everyone but you. You stick out and that's what makes you interesting,'' he concluded, pulling me closer.

''Interesting to your government or to you?'' I asked, my eyes gliding over his face.

He smiled at me,

''Both,''