Chapter 9

A/N: Reading everyone's comments last chapter about how I can take my time writing this story and everyone's overall support made my heart feel warm, tysm :'D

I don't mean to sound sappy or anything, but things have been hectic and stressful lately (hence way slower updates than usual and my inability to meet my personal deadlines for these chapters, I'm sorry about that :')) ), I'll always be grateful for everyone's support <3 

~~~

The rain continued to fall heavily. With how hard it was falling, it seemed like the raindrops had no plans on stopping any time soon. 

Inside the Mibuomi household was a certain maid. Eyes closed in frustration and her arms crossed, a worried sigh escaped her lips.

"Mistress (Y/N) isn't home yet..." she mumbled as she impatiently tapped her foot, the clicking of her shoes echoing throughout the room.

Your father, the undisputable head of the household, officially referred to this room as the "control room", which sounds quite menacing but it's basically just a whole room dedicated to security and maintenance. Here, several high-end computers and monitors were placed and stored to display the outputs of all the security cameras within the premises, and there were several speakers, buttons, and panels dedicated to various functionalities in the house such as controlling the opening of gates or even the option to initiate a full lockdown of the house if ever something terrible were to happen.

Although you were aware of the importance of this room, you had always referred to it as your house's headquarters or "HQ", as you fondly called it as a kid, just because you thought it sounded cool (your brother would always playfully mock you since he thought "HQ" sounded cheesy, though, much to your frustration).

Usually, a security guard or two would be the personnel stationed here, but since their assistance was temporarily needed at another location in the premises at the moment, one of the maids volunteered to keep watch instead and anticipate your return from school until they come back.

Did I mention this particular maid was your personal maid? Heck, she's looked after you since you were a child. No wonder she was so paranoid.

To relieve herself of her worry, the maid decided to temporarily divert her attention to something, anything, else. In her hand was a small pouch, neatly tied close with a ribbon. Speaking from the perspective of the wealthy and affluent, inside it wasn't anything of great value, although you had always kept it close to you and valued it highly. 

You've had this item since you were a child, but due to its build quality and age, it was susceptible to wearing out and even breaking at times. You were always especially stubborn when it came to this in particular, as you would persistently refuse to throw it away and instead would have it repaired time and time again, even when eventually you had forgotten why  you were so attached in the first place.

Having been by your side since you were small, the maid naturally understood why you were so attached to the item in her hand despite the gaps in your memory, and so she would always obey your wishes.

It was as if she understood for you.

Just a day before classes had begun, the item in question broke down once again, leading you to ask her to have it get repaired once more, to which she happily obliged. It took a few days this time, but the repair had been finished.

Static leaked from the speakers.

The loyal maid quickly opened her eyes, placed the pouch inside her front pocket, adjusted her posture, and shifted her gaze to the monitor connected to the security camera placed near the front gate.