Chapter 39

The doors open, at the altar, was Lan Zhan dressed in a black suit.

"Is it possible for someone to become even more handsome?" thought Wei Ying

The groomsmen of both couples started to walk out.

As Wei Ying walks down the aisle, Jiang Cheng starts to play the piano. As they approached the altar, Wei Ying's nervousness started to intensify.

The officiant was standing next to them, holding a book in his hand.

"We are here today to witness the union of Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other have grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband/husband."

"Who is here to give away Wei Wuxian?"

"My wife and I," says Jiang Fengmian

Wei Ying looks at Yu Ziyuan who had a poker face on. He didn't know what she was thinking, but he was happy that she was there at the wedding.

Wei Ying stands at the altar, giving the bouquet he had to Jiang Cheng. Then he held Lan Zhan's hands.

	"Okay, who is here to give away Lan Wangji

"Okay, who is here to give away Lan Wangji."

There was silence, everyone in the audience looked around the room. But soon someone spoke up.

"His uncle," said Uncle Lan

Everyone looked at Lan Qiren.

"He came." thought Wei Ying

"Okay."

"Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji, the vows that you are about to make are a way to share your love and commitment to each other in your own words. These vows are your way of openly declaring your promise to one another as well as to all of those who are here in attendance today."

"I Wei Wuxian didn't know that this was ever going to happen to me. I never expected to be able to marry the man who I have admired for many years and to have so many people here to witness it with me. But here I am today standing at the altar with my wish coming true. I promise to love you for eternity, and will always come and find you even in our next lives," says Wei Ying

"I Lan Wangji, have waited 13 years for this day to come."

Many people in the audience were surprised, to think that a person waited for one person for that long.

"I know that you probably don't remember the day that we met, but I do. When I first saw you and your smile, it made my dark and dull life brighter. I am thankful that I was able to find you again, and I will cherish you forever now and in our next lives."

The audience started clapping.

"Wei Wuxiang and Lan Wangji will now exchange rings to symbolize their commitment. It is customarily worn on the ring finger as it is the only finger with a vein running directly to the heart. The wearing of the rings is a visible, outward sign that they have committed themselves to one another."