Han River

Trigger Warning//Suicide

Lisa as Lian
Jennie as Jia

Lian’s POV

I sit down at the nearest bench I saw. The sky is gloomy it looks like it will rain in few hours or minutes. I decided to stay here. The car lights above the bridge hurts my eyes. I lay down the bench and start to count the remaining stars above me hoping it would make me fell into a deep slumber. The clouds are starting build up and cover the sky. I don't know why my feet brought me here at the Han River. This river has its own gloomy history because of the amount of people that committed suicide here but that is another story to tell.

I heard some footsteps not caring if I got stab or this human will have pickpocketed me nonetheless I choose to ignore it. As I wait for my death minutes passed and I felt her hand to my forehead and another holding my left hand. 

“You aren’t sick” I heard her mumble. She is a girl.

Another couple minutes passed and I can tell that she is just staring at me.

“Staring is rude, Miss.” I said as I open my eyes and I saw her jump a little. Did I just startle her? Whatta scared ass.

“I am not staring!” she defended herself.

I just look at her then roll my eyes. I get up and fix myself, she immediately sits beside me leaving no place between us.

“Why are you here?” she asks as if we knew each other for years.

I face her smile is never gone unnoticed. She is beautiful I admit; her pretty face is radiating even from the dark. 

“Why do you care?” I replied with full of sarcasm. I thought that would make her leave me but she seems unbothered with my attitude.

I set my eyes to the sky, it is now fully covered with clouds. 

“I have something to say.” She said.

She stands up from her seat and pick something on the ground, she shakes off the dirt from the stones, I supposed. She come back and open my hand the elevate it until my hand is above my head. The stones weigh around 500 grams.

“Can you carry it?” I roll my eyes because of her question but I ended up nodding.

“Is it heavy?” she asked I scoff and said “Common sense, of course it’s not.” I said.

“Okay, now hold it for 2 hours without lowering your hand.” she commands.

“Are you crazy? Why would I?” she smiles then asked again.

“Would you feel lighter if you give me some of the stones?” I nod again.

I don’t know why I let this girl boss me around.

“Exactly, the stones are your problems in life.” She said.

I lower down my hand and gaze at her.

“Why because they are hard?” she giggled because of my response.

“When you hold your problems for too long, you’ll get tired, you will hurt yourself, you’ll break yourself. But just like what I asked you, when you let someone help you with those, your load will get lighter. No man is an island.” Her words struck me.

I stared at her now knowing to say until the rain poured above us. She was about to run when she noticed I am just letting the rain pour on me. She then settled herself beside me again.

“Why?” I ask her.

“I’m afraid that you will kill yourself if I leave you.” With that we just let the rain pour.

"I'm Jia" she introduced herself. Minutes passed on us again and J decided to break the silence.

“It’s not that bad to open up with a stranger right?” I ask that made her nod aggressively. I chuckled because of her silliness. 

“It all started with my Dad left us for his another family. My Mother is devastated that time. I don’t know how to make her feel better I was just 6 that time. How am I supposed to know right?” I fake laugh.

“Then months after she decided to end her life in front of me.” My sobs stopped me from talking.

I felt her scoot closer then hug me. Instead of pulling away of pushing her away from me. It feels like my hands has its own life and hug her back.

Her warmth feels familiar.

I don’t know her but she felt like home.

It feels like she is the missing piece I’ve been searching for.

Jia’s POV

It’s already 4 in the morning when Lian and I decided to go home. 

“We’ll see each other again right?” she asked me and I hug her for assurance.

“Yes, go home. Call me if you want to” we exchange numbers earlier.

She turned her back at me while continuously waving her hands.

And there I am, watching my girlfriend walk away.

Lian has a disorder called on-set dementia, she can remember her childhood but the things she recently did or doing she could easily forget that. 

She can remember me before but maybe destiny doesn’t want us together. Lian met an accident that caused her to be in comma for a month then she was diagnosed with amnesia.

Fuck disorder, she is having a hard time having that.

She forgot everything…including me.

--

Kindly leave a comment for me :) or vote if you like this. Thank you have a good day.