3| Privelege

~Harry

It was a lot harder to talk to Hermione than I thought it would be. Me looking like Malfoy, and all. She was livid about how "I beat up Harry,"

I knew that this looked so reversed from the outside eye but I couldn't help feeling mad.

Every day I watched Malfoy be me and distance himself from the people that are my friends. I hated this. I even tried sending an owl but Hedwig bit me whenever I was near.

To be entirely honest, it felt like I was drowning. There was no one to talk to. All because I looked like Malfoy.

Did that mean that he was always alone? Was the "Great Life of Malfoy," a misconception? I couldn't tell. Ever since detention we hadn't spoken to each other. That was a little over two weeks ago.

I knew that he was enjoying this very much. In fact, in the hallways he made free jabs at the Malfoy's. So much for that family honor he talked of.

I was starting to believe that he was the one behind this. He probably thought that my life was easier. I was beginning to realize that it was, from where I sat at the Slytherin table, all alone amidst the loud din of friends talking and watching the liveliness of the Gryffindor table. I was homesick. I wanted to talk to Ron and Hermione. I had taken them for granted all these years. Now with no one to talk to, I was sinking.

The 'Golden Boy' needed his friends but they just couldn't see that the Harry over there wasn't me.

I couldn't sit around waiting for someone with Hermione's smarts to come along and help me. This was something I would do myself.

So as a true Granger would, I went to the library.

*  *  *

I didn't even know where to start. I tried Fixing the Spell, except that turned out to be some kind of soap opera thing that was gooey all the way through.

As a last ditch attempt I went to the dark arts section.

"Oi Malfoy, you preparing to be a Death Eater?"

There Ron stood, with Malfoy/ me.

Beside him, Malfoy flinched.

I tried to ignore them but Ron just kept going on.

"Well Harry here could beat your ass any day,"

"Ron please stop," Malfoy/me pleaded.

"Shh I got this Harry," Ron said, "you're nothing you foul-,"

"STOP IT!" I bellowed, "just... just go away,"

Ron let out a sharp laugh and stalked off. Malfoy/me lingered.

"Have you had enough of my life, Potter?" He asked quietly.

"Why are you doing this?"

"I told you, I had nothing to do with it, but at least now you know that you are privileged," he said.

"Malfoy-,"

He left and followed Ron.

*  *  *

Whispers and dirty looks followed me through the school.

This was what it was like to be a Malfoy. No teachers liked him (except Snape, but even still he was cold) and he didn't have people to talk to. His 'friends' found it easy to exclude him from the group. This was why he wasn't trying to fix the curse or whatever it was.

Part of me was furious that he was taking my life, but another part of me, a quieter part of me sympathized with him. This was his escape, so be it a fucked up one, just as Hogwarts was mine.

It felt a little wrong to be trying to fix things. It would hurt him.

Since when did I give a damn about that? Oh wait, since I was living the life that he wanted to escape.