5| Potter Privilege & Malfoy Misery

~Harry

I led us out of the library. We were on the hunt for the Room of Requirement.

"...and then we can wait out the potion and go back to our regular lives," I explained.

"Yeah, you go back to Potter Privilege and I go back to... Malfoy Misery,"

"Malfoy..." I said.

"It's nothing you can help, you can't give out your charity to everybody, Potter," he said.

I didn't reply because the room had finally arrived. I beckoned him over and we pushed the door open.
Inside, it looked like it was a half-Gryffindor, half-Slytherin common room. I almost let out a cry of relief when I saw the red tint painted over everything.

I was so sick of the green. Green when I wake up, green when I go to sleep, green when I look in the mirror and see Malfoy staring back at me with those misty blue eyes. It was annoying.

"Ah this is more like it," Malfoy/me sighed and patted the big green arm chair.

"I'll give you that," I agreed, sitting in the red one.

The first five minutes were calm, relaxing, even. Of course after that I was bored out of my mind.

"Stop bouncing your leg!" He shouted.

"Shut it Malfoy!"

"Not until you stay bloody still!"

"I'm bored, okay??"

"That doesn't warrant all that pesky noise," he retorted.

His voice was starting to really get on my nerves so I decided to oblige, just this once.

"How much longer do we have to stay here?" I whined.

"We just got here," he said, "we have like an hour,"

An hour?? I was going to die here.

*  *  *

I opened my eyes and saw myself staring down at me.

Was I having an out-of-body experience? Did I actually die?
I can't die next to Malfoy, he'd have a field day with that!

No please let me die somewhere else, let me keep my dignity.

"Potter! Potter!" I shook my own arm.

"Am I dead?" I whispered.

The other me, eyed me with a look of disgust.

"You will be if you don't get up!"

"If I am dead, where are my parents?" I looked around.

Slap!

A hand struck across my face.

"Snap out of it Potter! You aren't dead and it wasn't polyjuice potion," he said loudly.

Oh.

I was still him and he was still me.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

Malfoy/me was pacing the distance between the two arm chairs.

Did my hair really bounce that much when I walked around? Wow.

I was quite awake after getting slapped back to reality.

"We're going to have to go back to the books and see what else this could be," he said.

I nodded and stood to go. He grabbed my shoulder.

"What?" I snapped.

"Be careful Potter, we don't know what the motive of this is," he warned. I stared at him for a second before heading back to the Slytherin Common Room, something that was becoming habit.

I haven't really made it clear what year this takes place in but honestly I don't think it matters, so I just want to clear that up for y'all :)