Don't Mess with a Mother

"Meet us on the dock at noon with T'Challa," I read aloud, then set my phone down. "Congrats buddy. You get to go home," I told my captive, glancing at the clock. I had to be down at the dock in 45 minutes. I suited up quickly, filling my necklace with cyanide. I cut the binds on the prince's feet, hauling him up.

"Come on, we have somewhere to go," I said, leading him to my car. I shoved him in the backseat, taking off the cloth around his mouth and tossing it to the floor. I closed the door and climbed in the front seat, turning on the car and pulling out. I held down the button on my phone, summoning Siri. "Text Wade Wilson," I commanded.

"What would you like the message to say?" The woman asked. "Meet me at the dock. Bring your gear," I said, then sent the message after making sure it was correct. "Where are you taking me?" He asked. "The Avengers want you back," I said, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel. "Why did you take me?" He asked.

"They stole my son. So, I decided to retaliate. You were the best option," I smirked, glancing at him through the rearview mirror. "Who is Wade Wilson?" He asked. "An old friend," I said. The rest of the drive was silent, par the tapping of my fingers against the wheel and the occasional sound of rope rubbing against itself. Well, I thought it would be.

"I'm impressed," He said. "Hm?" I glanced in the rearview mirror. "The last time someone entered Wakanda was 21 years ago. They didn't make it out unmarked," He said. "Ulysses Klaue?" I guessed. "How did you know that?" He asked.

"I know Klaue. He's an arms dealer," I said, and the prince gave me a disapproving look. "There are conventions, alright? You meet people, he didn't sell me anything. Bragged about making it out of Wakanda with a bunch of their vibranium," I said. "He stole all of our vibranium," The prince said. "So he says. He claims he's the only person to get in and out of Wakanda alive, but I've been in and out. How do you think I got a hold of you?" I parked and climbed out before he could answer. I saw Wilson in his gear approaching, and I went over.

"Is this a plot to make my suit smell like fish?" He grumbled. "No. Wilson, they got Wade," I hissed. "You're seriously thinking you can take on all of them? Rue, these are the Earth's mightiest heroes. You're one person," He said. "I'm astounded at the faith you have in me. No, I'm not taking them on, but I will if I have to. I'm gonna make a trade," I said, thrusting a thumb towards the car. He glanced behind me, spotting the man in the car.

"That's your plan? Trade them some random guy?" He asked. "That's not just any guy. That's Prince T'Challa of Wakanda," I told him. "Klaue's off his throne now," He chuckled. "Okay. You're gonna stand behind me, in case I need backup. If everything goes smoothly, nothing will happen. But, feel free to stab a few people if necessary. Just don't kill them, then the entire world would be on our rears," I said. "Aye, aye, Captain!" He said, and I rolled my eyes.

I went to the car and dragged the prince out and to the dock. I stood there, tightly gripping his arm as I waited for the Avengers to show. There was the sound of a jet, and Earth's mightiest heroes appeared. They emerged from the jet, Wade clinging to the youngest one. I let go of the prince and stepped forward.

"Finally! I was beginning to think you wouldn't show!" I cackled. "Give us T'Challa, and we can settle this peacefully," Spangles said. "Sorry, Spangles, but peace went out the window the second you kidnapped my son," I said. "And you retaliated by stealing the heir of a third-world country!" The youngest one snapped. "Give me my son, and I'll hand the prince over. Simple as that, no need to get messy," I said, and they set him down on the ground.

He ran straight over to where I was crouched. "Hey, baby, I need you to go with Uncle Wilson. Can you do that for me?" I asked. "I'm scared," He whimpered. "Everything will be fine. Now go, while I deal with these people," I said, ushering him over after giving him a hug. I stood back up, my face hardening.

I stalked over to the prince and drew a knife. I cut the bindings on his hands and shoved him towards the 6. "There, take him. I have no use for him anymore," I said, sheathing the knife and walking towards the two others. "I'm afraid that the deal isn't over," I whipped around, my hand on my guns. "What do you mean?" I hissed.

"You're under arrest," Spangles withdrew a pair of handcuffs. I pulled out my guns and fired at the group, then put one away as I ran. "We need to get out of here!" I shouted, scooping Wade up as we ran. I felt a bullet hit my shoulder, but I kept running. One of them landed in front of me and another on the only other path.

We were cornered. I set Wade down, withdrawing my guns. "Do it, and they die," I said, aiming them at the prince and the girl. "Mommy, why you scary? You scary. You kill them?" My face paled as I heard a small voice below me. "They took you from me," I said.

"They nice. They good people. You're not. You kill," He said, and my face dropped. "I only kill bad people," I said. "You shot them. You not good. Good don't shoot," He said. I sighed, putting the guns away and turning to Wilson. "Take him and get the hell away from this place. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine," I said.

"No. He bad too," Wade said. "Well, who do you want to go with?" I asked, and he pointed at the heroes. "...okay. You can go with them," I said weakly. "Rue, what are you doing?" Wilson asked. "He's right. I am a horrible person. He needs to be with someone who has morals. I'm not that person," I said, then crouched in front of him.

"Remember that I'll always love you, no matter where you are or who you're with. Bye, bebis," I gave him a tight hug, then let him go over to where the Avengers. I took off since I knew they were still trying to arrest me. I paused on one of the rooftops, then turned back around. "Take care of him! I'll know if you don't!" I called, then kept running.