The Day before the Trial + The Trial

"Well, this is awkward," Iguchi stated from his spot in between Sako and Cellophane.

"You are telling me," Shigaraki mumbled in return, looking away as Aizawa looked back at him.

"Ditto," Himiko whispered, trying to look away from Uraraka's curious gaze.

"At least this will be over soon, right?" Jin asked cheerfully before answering his own question softly. "We might be fucked."

Izuku stayed silent by his seat near Kurogiri as the white house disappeared from view. After they had awoken, the heroes helped him pack everyone's belongings into the bus before getting everyone inside.

Their bus trip ended when Izuku and the other reformed villains would be placed inside a secured hotel suite while waiting for the trial.

The trial was to take place the following day. Aizawa had assured Izuku that if he needed to extend the date further another day that they could, but they would like the trial to commence as soon as possible. Izuku kindly thanked him and said that if he needed an extension he would tell him straight away.

Magne was sitting next to Midnight as she calmly watched outside the window as the trees passed. The green leaves she wished were instead pink petals like the one in Izuku's painting. She had hope that she and her found family would be able to find themselves in normal civilian life.

Jin allowed Himiko to lean on his shoulder for support as the ride continued. Iguchi thought about his mom, wondering if she would be at the trial to watch him accept his new civilian life. Sako started briefly at the bright sun out the window, remembering the first day when he volunteered to be the first one that Izuku talked to.

Touya thought about the red-winged lunatic that was flying above the bus. But his mind was mostly focused on his family and how they were safe from Endeavor finally. Kurogiri watched the white clouds in the sky through the window, watching them form different shapes as the bus kept moving forward.

Tenko just thought about their incoming future. He kept thinking about the trial and what would happen afterward. Worried, he wondered if they were truly ready for the trial. Are they truly ready to reform into civilians?

*

"So, how is everyone feeling?" Izuku asked, breaking the silence of the room.

The reforming villains were transported directly into a large hotel suite not that far away from the courthouse. They were still shackled in strong quirk suppressants. On their floor were other rooms containing many pro heroes that would be watching the court tomorrow. They were also there to make sure the villains didn't try to escape before the trial could take place.

"My mood could be a bit better." Kurogiri piped up.

"I'm a bit worried about how this could go. I mean, they might just throw us in jail no matter what we say." Iguchi mumbled with his head laying on his hand.

Izuku shook his head, "I won't allow that to happen. Trust me when I say I will do anything in my power to stop any biased decisions. They have no right to assume that you would just waste this chance.everyone of you deserve this second chance."

"What is going to happen in court?" Sako asked.

Izuku started, "Basically they will ask you questions about your past, your present, and what you expect to be your future. They will probably ask what you plan to do once you are freed, like what do you plan to be. Be prepared of the lawyer to ask about your personal lives because a friend of mine warned me about that."

Tenko looked a bit uneasy, Kurogiri patted his shoulder in reassurance.

Izuku continued, "If they don't accept you, you will get sent to prison for your past actions of crimes you committed. If no and you are found to be reformed, they will name you civilians. At most, when you are found to be reformed, all they can do to punish you for former crimes is a lot of community service."