6. "Should have known that you were damaged goods"

He finally let go of my hand and placed his on the small of my back instead

He finally let go of my hand and placed his on the small of my back instead. My heartbeat quickened as I walked with him to the VVIP booth.

We entered through a glass door and all of them came into my view.

Dalton, Violet, Mandy and Grayson, and of course Nancy. I don't know what she was doing here. She was three to four years older than all of us. When I was here no one and I mean no one got along with her.

They were only friendly to me because of Sebastian. They were the cool popular kids and I wasn't unpopular but I was not popular, I was somewhere between the average kids, I guess.

"Mr. Mayor" they all screamed in unison raising their drinks. Their voices got stuck in their throat when they saw me.

"Hannah Clarke," Violet said looking me up and down. Violet and I never got along in high school because she had a huge crush on my then-boyfriend Sebastian, she didn't like me very much.

"Violet" I greeted back and Sebastian sat down between Nancy and Mandy.

Mandy was Violet's wannabe, so, she automatically hated me. I stood there awkwardly with all of them looking at me like I am some kind of ghost.

"I love C&W, your cocktail dresses are amazing. I am in love with them" she said and a real smile graced my lips.

"Thank you, Violet"

"Why don't you sit down," Mandy said gesturing towards the only seat available which was next to Grayson. Lucky me.

Grayson, Dalton, and Sebastian were inseparable in high school, they were the three amigos, popular jocks, and players. Grayson and Dalton used to blame me for ruining their friendship and stealing their best friend.

Now that I think about it, they all hated me for some reason and I was too blindly in love with Sebastian to see that.

I sat down and Grayson kept gawking at me with his lips slightly parted.

"Hi, Grayson. How are you?" I asked because I was feeling uncomfortable with his gaze.

"You look beautiful, Hannah," he said

"Thank you"

"It's a pity her personality doesn't match with her face," Sebastian said and I felt uneasy by his remarks but chose to stay silent. Dalton, Nancy, and Mandy laughed out loud.

"Burn" Nancy laughed.

"Don't worry, wife. They all know everything about us. How you are forced onto me" he smirked, I looked around and they all were trying so hard to hold in their laughter.

"Well, I am not exactly ecstatic with the situation either" I gave him a fake smile.

"So, Hannah. Remember me?" Dalton raised an eyebrow. Dalton was good-looking but still a total manwhore, I hope he has changed from his old self.