where the fuck is the origonality

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎'𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓𝐒.

❛ where the fuck is the originality ❜

APPARENTLY, ACCORDING to every single cliche and cringe fic writer out there ( including myself. dark times. let's not try think about it too much ), the big three and apollo seem to be the only parents out there.if i get one more bland ass parentage like 'oh i'm a poseidon kid' like bitch CHILE. i- i don't get it, there are so many more fucking cool parents your oc could have. i get wanting to maybe be related to percy or stuff. but honestly, give some originality. the REASON some fics do better then others is for a few reasons. ONE, they have a good concept ( not hard. but if y'all want me to go over this just request it ). TWO, they have a good backstory for their oc ( dw yall you'll see me post shit on this soon ). THREE, they give their character a different parentage. i'm not saying push her to be ' q u i r k y ', i'm just saying give me some oriognlaity here.

but at this point, i really can't chat. i have an oc who is a son of neptune. but, my case for this, is that we barely see any FUCKING ROMAN GOD children. y'all just seem to forget neptune is poseidon's roman form. now, i could honestly go on. but i'll save the rest of this shit for the do's and don'ts. so without further ado,,, the do's and don'ts of parentage !

THE DO'S...

i have,, a few book suggestions. love is blind by ilytears, beauty and the beast by -JASONSGRACE. both main characters are children of demeter and they are both percy x oc ! they're both hella good and i think you should check them out. ( do we see a reoccurring theme with the people i'm suggesting ). and if you want a child of hermes fic, may i suggest valour by my husband mistyfai ??? it's so good ! and,,, it's a luke's sister fic written right ! i also have,, a very very big suggestion for a whole five book series you should so fucking read. the unclaimed daughter series, by Jackisnotokay. i- i'm speechless at how good it is. bitch i WISH i could write like that. I WISH.

remember not every child of the big three is the same ! if you are going to use the big three, remember they won't exactly have the same powers as their siblings. thalia and jason have different powers, just an example ! not only that, but if you give them the same powers, it gets kind of boring.

remember there is a possibility for your oc to not have powers ! if you are writing pjo or hoo, it doesn't matter, the same thing goes. not every demigod has powers. some just have little tricks. like some demiods might just be really good with pegasi. for example, every aphrdoite kid is equipped with the 'language of love' which is french. that isn't a bigass superpower, but it gives originality and it makes them seem normal and less,,, different. but what am i saying, barbie has super fucking cool powers. BUT if you make them supercharged remember- ( AH YALL THOUGHT I WAS GONNA SPOIL MY NEXT POINT. NOPE ).

remember if they have powers they still aren't invincible ! yall i'm tired of people making their oc's have these big ass powers. and like, example. "insert oc name summoned a really big powerful thing that would take a lot of energy. he/she/they smashed it down on the monster and then walked around, not feeling any effects. " like bitch no, they aren't invincible. please make sure you actually write them being tired out.

to utilise the minor gods ! minor gods are still important. you can still have them in pjo and hoo series ! it's easier in the hoo series, but you can still have minor godly parents in pjo, claimed or not ! maybe they know they're like say the son of hecate but there is no cabin so they stay in the hermes cabin ! maybe they haven't been claimed but after the last olympian, they get claimed !

THE DON'TS...

make them too powerful ! give me weakness, give me indecision! give me some fucking ORIGINALITY ! if they are like the child of apollo, give me different powers, or,,,, better yet. give me no powers ! don't make your oc too op because then you are left to question why the fuck they didn't save so many people with their op powers. there is a balance, and yall need to be able to find it. maybe they start out not powerful, and then gain power ?

make them know how to use their power immediately! if they've just found out they're a demigod or that they have powers, you should think of it like you are that person. would you be fucking ok if say you could suddenly move water or raise an army of the fucking dead or make a rose grow by just thinking about it ? maybe you don't know ! maybe you're confused ! but you certainly wouldn't just YEET a bitch without any training. please please please remember this !

make their parentage so obvious if they aren't claimed ! this is what the 'unclaimed daughter' series did so well. you can see thousands of comments wondering who the main character's godly parent is. you must build suspense ! especially if you want to leave your oc confused. you want them to struggle to know who their godly parent is. you don't want them being like " i summoned a lightning bolt. but i wonder who my godly parent is." like bitch i-

forget about the lesser-used major gods ! this should technically go under do's but eh. remember daughters/ sons/ children of demeter, aphrodite, hephaestus, ares, hermes are still people ! there are barely any books with hephaestus kids ( actually,,, there is one. house of memories yall ? by itsnotsemajay ?? such a fucking good read. i'm rereading it and falling in love with it all over again ) and what the fuck ?! where are the ares kid fics ?? bitch i've been SEARCHING for those. and hermes ?? i've seen none. are yall just scared because luke was part of their cabin. because,,, chile.

UP NEXT ( aka, you choose ! )...

STRAIGHTENING THE GAYS !
OR !
❛ if i see one more fic of nico dating
a girl i'll push myself off the empire
state building. no balls. ❜

HOW TO WRITE ANGST AND
CACKLE AS PEOPLE SOB !
OR !
❛ this and the character death
chapter is way too self-indulgent.
bitches cackle when people read
their angst. it's me. i'm bitches. ❜

AESTHETCS AND HOW TO
TRICK PEOPLE INTO THINKING
YOU CAN ACTUALLY MAKE THEM !
OR !
❛ bitches trick you into thinking
they can do that shit and then
you find out they can't. it's
me, i'm bitches. bitches is me. ❜

CHARACTER DEATH AND
HOW TO MAKE PEOPLE SOB !
OR !
❛ this is coming from the person
who's made a self-proclaimed
'death wheel' and made a
questionnaire to ask if somebody
cried reading a death scene.
trust me, i know my shit. ❜

NAMES AND STUFF !
OR !
❛ i do not want some
bullshit bland ass
name please and thanks.
aqua or crystal can
rot in hell for all i
care. ❜

OR !

you decide ! give me some
requests ! i will probably do
them you guys !!! <<333 mwah !

rosie speaks !

up next is either swearing
or backstories. idk whichever
i finish writing first. but yeah,
are these helping you guys
or ???