ro being a slut for backstories for a whole chapter

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎'𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓𝐒.

❛ ro being a slut for backstories for a whole chapter ❜

IF YOU can't tell already. i love backstories. i find them so interesting and you can learn a lot about a character just from them. i am a fucking slut for a good backstory. but there is a key to how you write these. there is a balance with it. and it can't be half-arsed. a bad backstory leads to a bad character arc and bad character development. not only is the planning of the backstory important, but so is the writing of it. if you don't write your backstory out well people will get confused. and you will bring shame and dishonour to our family smh. like. give me some fucking good backstory or consider yourself disowned. it's not hard and doesn't take that much time. ( that last bit was a lie. well,,, sort of ).

THE DO'S...

make it realistic ! well... a realistic as you can be when it's a fanficiton about greek gods and goddesses being real. but what i mean by this is none of that 'raised by chaos' bullshit or that 'raised on olympus' unless they're actually a diety. ok ? ok. give me some background ( not all of it just yet ) on their/her/his family. give me opinions on said family. let me form a bond of love or hatred with them. add in opinions across the whole fanfic. do make it seem realistic !!

remember to space the backstory out ! a key mistake some people make is not spacing out their backstory. spacing it out helps build suspense and curiosity as to exactly why they might be so bitter or perhaps hide their emotions. if you give little snippets, people will want to know more. spacing out the backstory gives change to add more to each part of your backstory without writing it all out at once and making it look all bulky. it also breaks the flow of your story too !!

give readers something to root for ! i always try make a goal for their backstory. like their backstory leads up to their reasoning or ultimate goal. for example ( because i'm self promoting again. ahaha kill her ) barbie's backstory about being ignored and getting claimed by aphrodite leads her to being underestimated. she hates her nickname at the start. she thinks it defines her and people underestimate her for being part of the aphrodite cabin. this leads her wanting to prove herself, which basically carries through the whole book. if you guys want me to stop giving examples from my books please let me know, but this is the only way i can explain this part.

please if you need help on backstories ASK SOMEBODY !!! your friends are your best critics !! if they like it then most likely your readers will !! ( and if i'm not busy i can always help ?? )

read through you backstory ! reread and edit your backstory ! as you plan your story come back to it! add onto it ! because once you publish and hint at your backstory there is no going back !!

THE DON'TS...

make it different but not too different ! please for the love of of god don't try too hard to make it different. please, it doesn't work. make the backstory the way you want to. it's ok if it's just a brief outline at the start. we can build up on that. but don't make the backstory too unbelievable. i get wanting to be different but too different just suddenly knocks shit out of the park and makes me want to crawl into a whole and die.

don't make the backstory too complex to begin with ! every idea starts out small. give a brief outline in your plan ( ever !! story !! should at least !! have a brief !! plan !! ) and develop it. my backstory for barbie doll at the start when i was planning a big picture for my series was literally " bad shit. ahaha. SHIT MAKE IT DRAGON. SHIT NO- " and so on and so forth. but now it's developed. and if i do say so myself it looks pretty fine

that's it. just make me proud teehee

UP NEXT ( aka, you choose ! )...

WEAPONS AND POINTY
STABBY SHIT !
OR !
❛ ask starlitfreckles or
moondrifting. really, i've been
dubbed weapons master
by murica. ❜

CROSSOVERS AND SHIT !
OR !
❛ i should just title this chapter
me exposing myself really. ❜

― 'MURICAN WORDS ARE
FUCKING CONFUSING BRO
BUT FEAR NOT !
OR !
❛ as i brit i would like to ask
why a chocolate cake you
eat actually fucking sounds
like a euphemism for a dick.
yes i'm looking at you ding
dongs. ❜

HOW TO TITLE CHAPTERS !
OR !
❛ i want to know what drugs
i'm on when i name chapters
for 'barbie doll' and all my other
fics. ❜

OR !

you decide ! give me some
requests ! i will probably do
them you guys !!! <<333 mwah !

rosie speaks!

i love how this is already
at 200 reads.

i don't know if this is helping
anybody, but it's fun for me
to share my experience and
see people talk about it with me
idk its fun !!