ro is a simp pt 1

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎'𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓𝐒.

❛ ro is a simp pt 1 ❜

OKAY, LOOK. in all honesty i've went through a journey with percy jackson x oc. and i think i've sort of cracked a way of writing them without it being too cringey. i feel like most of this is covered in how to build an oc- but there are just some things that are seriously specific to creating an oc that is percy's love interest.

THE DO'S...

make sure they are original! as much as we all want our oc to be annabeth.2 we can't have that. they have to be original, they have to have some sort of flavour. they need to be able to stand on their own, have their own flaws, have their own development and arc. you can't just mush them with annaebth's personality and just call it a day.

make sure there is diversity! i'm going to say it now- i myself have no clue of canon percy's sexuality- but i'm gonna go on the whim here and say most of us agree he is basically the most bisexual bitch we've ever been seen. for fuck sake he's a SKATER BOY- like seriously. so no- don't just go liminiting yourself to writing a character who is a cis white girl from the apollo cabin- maybe they're she/they, he/they or they/them. bisexuality- as we should all know- is being attracted to more than one gender. so that means enbies, dudes and gals. i want more male oc's with percy !! grr (ily tho)

make scenes exciting! if there's a little romantic scene- it doesn't always have to be from the book. you can have an extra chapter that perhaps shows a cute moment between percy and the oc. so no- it doesn't just have to be all the key romantic percabeth scenes (but i would definitely suggest keeping the underwater kiss scene, it just seems right, y'know?)

make sure they have a good time to develop the romance! it rlly can't just be: oc blinked at percy. they kissed. got together, all in the same day. now watch them have a boring-ass fucking relationship for the rest of the book when there is like 30+ chapters left. that's an exaggeration, but please make sure it is somewhat slowburn- or at least give them time to be friends- or enemies. whatever. just make sure it's a good buildup to their relationship!

THE DON'TS...

make the oc bland! take this from me. (secret time and sort of ew self promo) but when i first wrote barbie doll- halfway through after starting act three- i suddenly thought to myself. hm, what is barbie's personality. which is when i came to the world-crashing truth that i had made barbie allen (now beloved by what i hope is many), have what i call 'love interest' personality. which is to say, her whole existence and personality is just for her to be a love interest. don't do this- please.

be too predictable! take this from somebody who made a big ol' plot twist in book two of the nickname series- plot twists are the shit. if you do plan to go onto hoo without adding another oc to bee a love interest of somebody else- it just get's boring and predictable. but if you add in some sort of problem that needs to be solved within that series- the fanfic is instantly more engaging!

i don't really have anymore- but just... don't make them a mary sue pls! 'nuff said. i think that's literally all i need to say.

rosie speaks!

i am back! and will
hopefully be doing
a whole mini-series
on love interests. so..

perhaps suggest which
character you want
next for me to do??
like idk jason, piper,
leo or whatever-

k bye !!