chapter 1/ prologue

jake's pov

As I was walking down the trail in the forest. It was about 5 AM. The sun was just peaking over the mountain to my right. It always beautiful here, especially in the morning. I had just gotten off work from the supermarket that was just out of the forest. I'm one of the baggers it makes just enough money to sustain my life. It was never the best job in the world, but it paid the bills. I was nearing my house a few minutes away when a woman ran out of some bushes. I knew that she was a werewolf from the wolf territory she had just run out of and her smell. I lived just outside of that territory in a small house. OK, fine it was more like a den. She had long black hair, was slightly tan, and she had light brown eyes that looked like milk chocolate that had just been made. Her body was nice and wasn't too thin or too muscular. To be honest, she was really beautiful for a female wolf. If she wasn't a smelly werewolf and was a guy I would have hit on her kid or not she was that beautiful. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm gay, you have a problem then come at me if you can. Next to her was a boy that looked to be about 13 years old. He looked like his mother, but his hair was a light brown. Damn if only he was older then 18 I would so hit on him, after all, I am no pedo. what's with these werewolf's and their beautiful people, it's like they said 'hey lets all model'. Then again wolfs only have sex with the there mate so there's a loss. Moving on I could tell that he was an alpha's son from how he looked. This would make him a lady's man when he's older. All alphas are when they enter high school. Usually, their buff and have good manners at least in front of their parents.

"PLEASE, please take my son away from here" the women yelled at me pushing her son at me. She sounded like she was in trouble. The boy stumbled towards me.

"Wait what's going on?" I said back catching the boy before he fell and looking at the woman as she changed.

"Rouges are here and attacking, go now please," she said running back where she came from. It was easy to tell she was going to help her people. If it was dangerous enough to have them take the son away then that means she wouldn't be coming back for her son anytime soon.

"Hey, we'll wait for your mom at my house, OK?" I said, but the boy was already asleep. I picked him up and walked him to my house. If the mother didn't return in a week we'll have to leave the area. It's never safe to stay in an area where rogues attack for long. I normally wouldn't be affected be any wolfs, but now I have the alpha's son in my care. I can tell my life will get more interesting at least. For now I'll let the kid sleep and tomorrow after he goes to school, I'll stop by the wolf's house. I'll see what happened, and then I'll tell the kid or bring his guardian to his school. I will have to leave the territory after this or I'll be called a wolf lover. That could possibly get both me and the boy killed in ten days max. That is if were not under the protection of a pack or moving place to place.