Chapter 1: The Bloody Awful day

Enjoy!

Blaise shut the car door with a bang. The multitude of shopping bags filled to the brim with inessentials threatened to slip from his grip, but he held them firm. He walked up the overgrown path of the house that he, Pansy, and Draco had bought after the war. The front door was creaky as always as he opened it and walked in. The house definitely wasn't the posh and classy style they had been brought up in, but it felt more homey than their childhood houses ever would. With its red bricks and wood furniture, it was just the thing the three needed to get through the post war damage. Blaise noticed that neither Pansy or Draco were in the lounge room. He set down his bags on the kitchen counter and headed up the stairs to the rooms. Once in the upstairs corridor, he could easily hear voices coming from Draco's room.

"He probably thinks I'm such a twat Pans. Ugh. What do I do?"
Well," came Pansy's half bored, matter of fact voice. "He probably already thought you were a twat, so not much has changed." Blaise stifled his laugh. Pansy was that friend that told you the truth, or what she thought was the truth at least, and didn't hold back. It made her somewhat perfect for Draco, as he needed to be brought down a peg every now and then.

Draco's voice changed instantly to the voice that he had been brought up to use, "What?"
"I mean, your parents were one of the main followers of the person that killed his parents," Blaise could almost see her ticking things off her fingers one by one.
"Many friends and family of his died because of his order. And, not to mention the numerous times you tried to kill, hurt, degrade, and be his, friend? What was up with that by the way? So I presume that you guys wouldn't be the best of friends."
"You don't have to remind me." Come the even more muffled reply. Blaise decided it was time to make his presence known. As he opened the door, the pale faced, despair ridden face of Draco came into view.

"Hey," Was all Draco could mutter from under his collar. "You okay, Dray?" Blaise's bright eyes dulled as he took in the slumping form of his best friend. Even in the five years after the war, he'd never seen Draco so-distressed. He sat on the bed next to Draco, and slung an arm round his shoulders.
"What happened?" So, nearly inaudibly, Draco mutters the dreadful happenings of the day.

"Today was shit, Blaise. I had probably been yelled at by three parents demanding to see their kids. Then I heard a noise from the apparition pad. I thought it would just be some Auror, but no. It was Harry bloody Potter! His arm looked mangled, it was terrible. In all my years at Mungos I'd never seen anything so gruesome. So I had to fix his arm, because of course no one else could. I'm almost certain it was Granger meddling again." Blaise nodded sympathetically. Draco was often talking about how he and Hermione Granger sometimes talked during lunch breaks at Mungos. He was also pretty sure that Pansy had a slight crush on her. She was always going on about her smartness.
"Really?" Blaise rolled his eyes, Pansy would now be talking about her the whole night. 'Thanks a lot Draco' Blaise thought to himself.
"Yeah. So he's sleeping on the operation bed, and then I get an owl. And-well it-"
Draco hid his face in Blaises arm. Pansy turned to Blaise.

"The letter was from the guards at Azkaban." Blaises eye brows furrowed, his mouth forming an O.
"Draco's dad was, ah, killed. Freak accident. They said." Blaise spied a single tear roll down Draco's face. Which he made no move to brush away.
Draco lay down on the bed and tucked his head into the designer cushions. Pansy and Blaise exchanged a single look, and made to leave. When they were in the corridor, pansy stopped Blaise.
"Potter woke as dray was crying. Dray didn't tell me much more." Blaise nodded.
"Jeez."
"Yeah."

Thanks for reading! Make sure to drop some comments and if you liked it give it a like! Have a great day my friends! And to all my Melburnians out there: lets get through this!

-Winter
{^my pen name}