Chapter 5: An Idea

Harry watched Jesse lift Teddy up onto his shoulders. The boy was laughing too hard to be normal, decided Harry.
"Come on you guys, breakfast." When Harry saw Teddy start to grumble he added,
"It's pancakes, your favourite." In a sing-song voice. Teddy immediately sat up and rushed to the table.
"What do you have today Harry?" Jesse asked, smothering a pancake in maple syrup
"The last appointment with Draco, don't know how that's going to go though." He had told Jesse everything that had happened, and the man had just stood there looking thoughtfully at Harry.
Finally he had said,
"I kinda get it. Why he was a dick in school." Harry nodded.
"It was him in school. I think it was who he thought he had to be. You know?" Harry had agreed and had gone to bed to mull it all over.

Harry looked at the boy stuffing his face full of pancakes and smiled.
"Hey Ted," the boy looked up at him, maple syrup dripping off his chin.
"Yeah?"
"How would you feel about living at a new house just with me? We have both decided it might be time to start living separately." Teddy looked melancholy.
"What did I do Harry? I'm sorry! Please don't make uncle Jesse go!" Harry would have laughed if the little boy didn't look so sad.
"No Ted, Jesse thinks he will surf all around the world. In competitions everywhere. You haven't done anything."
"Okay." Said Teddy, looking at the ground.
"Okay."

Harry appeared to Mungos with more confidence today. He was determined to make sure he and Draco weren't enemies anymore. The blonde needed a friend, he figured. And not some that were leaving the country in three days. He also just felt the need to be with Draco. Not like that. That shouldn't even be a thought in his head. Hermione would laugh so hard if she knew. So, shaking any thoughts he had before, He walked into Draco's office.

"Hi." Woul it always be this weird between them? Would they always creep around each other on tip toe? Harry hoped that wouldn't be so.
"Um, hi. How's your arm?" Draco mumbled, twisting the edge of his coat.
"Fine, yeah. It hasn't hurt in a couple days so that's good." It was true. The first day or two his arm had been sending bolts of sharp pain into his wrist and shoulder, but it had stopped now.
"Great." So Draco proceeded to lecture Harry about what he should and shouldn't do from now on.

"Oh, and no Aura stuff just yet. It's still really stiff. Okay?" Draco looked worriedly at Harry. Would he be angry? But Harry looked almost relieved. Why? Was the niggerling thought at the very back of his mind.
"Is that okay?" Draco prodded.
"Yeah." Harry said with a small smile.
"Isn't that bad? Like, it's your work, wouldn't you want to be there?"
"I don't know." Harry stated. "It just, isn't right any more. It feels like an effort to do what I could do so easily before." Draco understood. Before being a healer he had tried many professions. None like healing. Healing was safe. No people hating him. Except for maybe the parents wanting to see their kids. But he liked seeing that. Parents caring for their kids like he'd never been.
"Are you going to quit?" He questioned. Harry's head snapped up to look at him.
"Of course not!" Draco's eyebrows furrowed.
"Why not? If you don't like it why don't you quit?"
"I can't I- I don't know." Harry said, almost sorrowfully.
"Well," Draco persisted, "what do you like to do?" He didn't know why he was helping Harry bloody Potter, he just wanted to. What was happening to him?

Harry looked thoughtful for a good minute.
"I guess I like to make desserts and stuff. I find it fun, plus Teddy and Jesse seem to like my food." Draco's heart plummeted to his feet as Harry's grin spread. Who is this Jesse? Was it his boyfriend? Friend? Husband? Why did he care?! He tried to hide his emotions as he spoke.
"Cool. Who's Jesse? The newspapers must have kept him quiet." Harry must have noticed the scorn in his voice, as he said,
"Jesse and I are sharing an apartment, nothing there for the press to talk about. We know how it would look, so we just don't blabber about it every chance we have."
Harry didn't bother to hide the scorn in his voice.
"Oh." He was such a git.
"Yes."
"Sorry." When would he get to stop saying sorry to Pot- Harry?

Maybe he is changing? Harry didn't know what to make of this so he just said,
"That's okay. I know how it looks." But Harry's thoughts were still partly in the conversation from before. What if he did open, say, a bakery? Would it work? Maybe. But what would everyone think? What would they do if they knew their precious 'chosen one' opened a bakery, instead of hunting bad guys? But he'd had enough of it. Enough of being more important than others. Of the pain, the killing, the spells, the danger, he'd just had enough. And when did he care about the press's thoughts on him anyway?

 And when did he care about the press's thoughts on him anyway?

^This would sooo happen!^ Its so cute.
make sure to drop some comments and if you liked it give it a like! Hugs for everyone!!!!! Make sure to send someone a text or let them know how much you appreciate them. We need love at the moment earth.

-Winter