Chapter 68: Gifts(3)

Of course, there is a reason why Mrs. Mo thinks so.

In addition to the people of Jian's family, only the servants, sister An and her daughter, Mo Shiyun, were able to enter and leave Jian's residence freely.

It's certainly not something that Jian's family present in the room prepared. Even if they did, they don't have to leave it at the door.

The only person left is her daughter Mo Shiyun.

And the gift just happened to be something she had mentioned to her daughter.

Mrs. Mo never thought that Jian Yiling might come back to the residence, and even less did she expect that she would give her elder brother a gift under such circumstances.

In Mrs. Mo's understanding, with Jian Yiling's temper as the young lady, even if Jane Yuncheng takes initiative to coax her, she will not necessarily forgive, let alone run to give Jane Yuncheng a birthday present.

As for why the gift was put at the door rather than handed over to the eldest young master, it was probably because her daughter felt embarrassed. When she asked her daughter to prepare the gift that day, her daughter repeatedly pushed back.

When Mo Shiyun saw her mother's bright smile, she thought that it might have been bought by her mother.

Probably because her mother knew that she was busy with her studies recently and that her gifts would not be ready today, she took the initiative to help her buy the finished products, and then lied that she had made them by herself.

Disguising the finished products as her own, Mo Shiyun does not feel very good.
Mother should have discussed with her in advance. Now it makes her feel embarrassed.

But it was her mother's kindness after all, and her mother did it for her good.

If she were to tell the truth now, her mother would be embarrassed.

Mo Shiyun's thoughts tangled for a while, but she finally dropped her head slowly.

If there is no denial, it is acceptance.

Seeing Mo Shiyun's low head, they take it thet she is embarrassed.

Wen Nuan also remembered that tomorrow is the eldest son's birthday.

These days, her mind is full with the matters of her daughter and little son.

Ignoring their eldest son, outsiders had to remind them that their eldest son's birthday is coming.

Wen Nuan and Jian Shu were apologetic.

Jian Yunnao is still not in a good mood for the past two days. He just heard that it was his elder brother's birthday, so he added his birthday blessing:
"happy birthday, brother. I haven't prepared any gifts. I'll make it up next year."

His tone was low, with no vitality.

As if he had not heard her words, Jian Yuncheng looked down at the sweater and scarf.

Both of them were well made, especially the embroidered pattern on the scarf.

The scarf is a black pure wool base. Different depths of silver gray needle and thread had been used to pierce out a landscape map with an eagle flying high.

The implication of the  embroidery is in line with the present situation of Jian Yuncheng.

The whole embroidered picture is not big, but the details are very exquisite. The eagle's facial features and feathers are lifelike.

After a long time, he looked up at Mrs. Mo and Mo Shiyun who had her head hanging down.

"The embroidery on this scarf is exquisite. Did you do it yourself?" Jian Yuncheng asked.

Mo Shiyun's head drooped lower, she did not dare to admit, but also did not deny.

"Can you embroider?" Jian Yuncheng asked Mo Shiyun again.

Seeing that her daughter didn't answer, Mrs. Mo quickly answered for her: "I used to do embroidery work when I took over some work from the Hanfu store. She also learned some embroidery from me. Sometimes when I couldn't finish the work, she helped me."

Mo Shiyun can embroider.

Jian Yuncheng put the reaction of mother and daughter into the back of his eyes. There was no change in the expression on his face, only the temperature of his eyes gradually decreased.

The place touched by his fingers and thumbs is the reverse side of the landscape embroidery.

There is a name embroidered on it: Jian Yiling.

But the mother and daughter of the Mo family swore that the embroidery was made by Mo Shiyun.