Chapter 1 - Cheaters

"Rock, "

"Paper, "

"Scissors, "

"Shoot, "

"Haha, I win again, " the H/c girl said.

"No fair, you're cheating, " the male detective said.

"Nuh-uh, how do I even cheat at rock paper, scissors, you're just a sore loser,"

"Let's play another game, I want my snacks back, "

"You're the one who bet them in the first place on a game you can't win, "

"That's not fair, " the male detective said.

"It's okay to lose once and a while ranpo, " I said to him.

"No, let's play a different game, " He said then, though for a moment, he was about to talk when he got interrupted.

"Will you guys stop playing meaningless games and get back to work, " Kunikida said. I laughed a little bit and pushed some of the snacks towards ranpo so he wouldn't complain as much. I brought my chair back to my desk and sat down. Kunikinda is to my left, Atsushi was across from me, and Dazai would be next to Atsushi, but he's not at work.

"Are you done making bets with Ranpo," The blonde next to me asked.

"Why? do you want to make a bet with me next?" I asked him with a smirk.

"I'm not that foolish. I saw you have coffee this morning downstairs, " He said.

"Are you stalking me?" I asked him with a subtle glare. He just sighed and looked back to his laptop. I opened my laptop and sighed in, I looked at my email and did my daily route. Nothing new that's quite boring.

"Y/n, " I heard a quiet voice say in front of me.

"Yes, Atsushi, " I looked up at the boy.

"Can you show me how to do this, please, " he said shyly. I smiled.

"Of course, " I said, and moves were to where Dazai would be sitting. I showed him how to do a certain thing on the computer. The president walked in with a static face, and we all gave our attention to him.

"Y/n, Atsushi, Ranpo, you guys have a case, " He said and looked at the three of us.

"That's fine. I just have a question, " I said. He nodded his head as if he told me to continue talking. "I understand why I'm going with Ranpo, but why is Atsushi coming with us?" I asked him.

"The Case is in a more troubled part of town, if you and ranpo were to get in a fight both of you would probably end up dead or injured and that's why Atsushi will be going with you, " He said.

"What the hell I can hold my own in a fight, " I said, a little ticked off.

"You can't rely on luck in a fight, " he said.

"I-" I begin to talk, but I decided not to and just argue he won't change his mind anyway. I got up, and he handed me the case file.

"I'll downstairs come down when you're ready to go, " I said to the boys and left the office room. I walked down to the cafe and sat at the bar. I was handed a coffee.

"Thank you, " I said to the girl.

"New case?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I should be back soon though I just accompanying Ranpo, " I said and opened the file Kamagasaki Osaka, I sighed.

"Kamagasaki Huh, " I heard a mature female voice say. I looked at the voice and saw a woman sitting next to me. She had curly brown hair with dark green eyes.

"Yeah, " I said and looked at her again.

"It's rude of me not to introduce myself. I'm Amber Katski, and you must be Y/n,"

"Yeah, nice to meet you, I haven't seen you here before. Are you out of town?"

"I work in Kabukicho, " She said.

"The red-light district, correct?" I asked her. She nodded her head. "Are you looking for some type of protection system, " I asked her.

"No, not at all, " She said. I took a sip of my coffee and looked back at her.

"Then what are you here for, " I asked, and my patience was wearing thin.

"I want you to shut down where I technology work, you see I've been there since I was fifteen, " She said.

"Oh, I understand now, " I said and grabbed a napkin and pulled out my pen, I wrote down my phone number and email. "Contact me later. I'm busy right now, and I can set up a meeting with the agency for you, "

"Actually, can I have a meeting with you,"

"Most likely, but I must me going, " I said and drank the last part of my coffee and walked out of the cafe. I watched Atsushi and Ranpo come downstairs. We started walking towards the train station, Atsushi was quite a bit in front of me and ranpo.

"What's bothering you Y/n, " Ranpo asked me.

"I had a weird encounter with a girl earlier, " I said.

"Tell me about it, " He said bluntly. I told him everything. And felt better about it, I let my guard down about the whole situation.

-----

"Aww, Common, " Ranpo yelled. I picked up the cards and shuffled them again.

"Wanna play again?" I asked the black-haired boy.

"No play with Atsushi, " he said. I looked at the younger boy who sat across from me. He immediately tensed up.

"But I don't have anything to bet, " he said, trying to look for an excuse.

"You have a lot you can bet, " I said, "like you're time, or you're attention, or even you're free will," I slightly smiled at him.

"Uhh, fine, " He said nervously. I handed the cards to Ranpo, and he each gave us seven.

"Go fish, if I win... What do you want if you win, " I asked him. He thought for a moment.

"What you did before you were at the agency is still I mystery to me. I mean, I asked Dazai, but he didn't know, " Atsushi said. I slightly laughed when he said that about dazai, I didn't realize he'd lie to Atsushi like that.

"Only Ranpo knows that story, and I didn't even tell him. alright, if I win, then... You have to do whatever I say for a week, " I said. "Do you want to do twos or fours, "

"Fours, " Atsushi says. Then he mediately put down a set of fours and had three cards in his hand. "Do you have any twos, "

"Yeah, " I handed him my one, two, and then he placed the rest of his cards down. So Ranpo handed him seven more cards. He put down another four and then looked at me.

"Any Queens?" He asked. I handed him my queen, and he put down the marching four cards. Ranpo handed him another seven four cards, and the same cycle continued till he had seven sets of four cards.

"Oooo Y/n it looks like you lost, " Ranpo said. "Maybe if you didn't let me shuffle and deal the cards you would have won, " He said and smiled at me.

"So you cheated, huh?" I said and looked at Atsushi he began to panic sweat.

"I didn't know he did that, " Atsushi said in defense. I signed.

"A win is a win, and I have to honor that we did make a bet after all, "

" Listen well Atsushi this is probably the only time you'll ever hear this story, " Ranpo said like an excited kid.

"Haven't you heard this story before Ranpo, " Atsushi asked.

"Not from her. I used ultra deduction to find out, " He said. "Make sure you ask loads of questions, Atsushi," I shot him a glare after that last remark.

"Well? What do you want to know? " I asked

"What did you do before you joined the agency?And about your ability.." Atsushi said.

"Have you ever heard of the Valley Mafia?"