Chapter 3 - Closure

We got off the train and figured out where we had to go from here. It was around a ten minute walk, so we started heading in that direction. The city was nice and clean, but the air had a haze of smoke laying in it. I tried my best not to breathe it in, but that was next to impossible.

Then i noticed that nobody was outside, probably because of the air conditions, but it was still eerie. It is an industrial city so you'd think that a little smoke wouldn't hurt them but to be fair it wasn't a little bit of smoke.

"Can I ask one more question?" Atsushi asked.

"Yea, go ahead," I smiled at him.

"How did you hear about the agency?" Atsushi asked ranpo, let out a laugh, and i slightly laughed, remembering the story.

"Yea, I'll tell you how me and ranpo frist met,"

-----

"It looks like I win again, " I said and took all of the poker chips from my opponent. His face grew angry as it was the eighth game in a row that he lost. Some people just don't know when to quit.

"I don't understand. You must be cheating, " He said and tapped his finger on the table. I smirked at him and laughed.

"I don't understand how you think that I let you chose the game use your own deck of cards I even gave you the option not to shuffle the cards yet you still lost, you know from the casino's owner I did except more of a Challenge, " I said and smiled I walked out of the backroom into the main floor of the casino. I walked to the counter and exchanged my chips.

"Wow, Miss.L/n This is the fifth time this week you have gotten a huge load after beating the Casinos Owner, I'm impressed, "

"Thank you, " I said and fixed my dress.

"A lot of people have been trying to gamble with you, but none have the guts to ask you, " She said.

"What a shame it really looks. Some of these people have a load of money with them, " I said. The lady handed me my money, and I put it safely away. I turned around when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I look to see a man around my age, maybe slightly older

"Miss.L/n?" He asked me his green eye, staring into my E/c ones.

"That's me, " I said and smirked at the black-haired male.

"Edogawa Ranpo, " He said and stook out his hand. I shook his hand.

"Y/n L/n, it's a pleasure to meet you, " I said. He smiled.

"The pleasure is all mine. I would like to request a game with you if you don't mind, " He said.

"Of course not, " I said a dealer came over to us. The dealer had grey hair he was one of the older dealers I've seen, but in all the time I spend here, I've never seen this dealer before.

"I over herd if you don't mind, I would like to deal this game, " he said. He was quite tall. We went into a dim-lit room.

"Since you are the lady, I will let you choose the game, " Ranpo said. I thought for a moment.

"Alright then, " I said. I picked up one of the black and white chips, "Each chip will be 10 dollars, "

"I agree with that it makes the math easier, " He said.

"The rules are simple each card has it's own values two will be two-points and three will be three so on so forth, " I said, "after Ten, Jack will be eleven, Queen is Twelve And Kings are thirteen, "

"What about Jokers or Ace, " Ranpo asked.

"Jokers will be Negative Ten and an Ace can be Negative or positive ten points, " I said, "The person who bets more Chips will be able to decide if the person with the lower hand or higher hand wins, "