Chapter 4 - Jokes

"Atsushi, " I said to the slivered hair male that was walking next to me. He looked at me and made eye contact.

"Can I have the case file back? I don't know where we're going, " I said he handed me the file. I made sure I knew where exactly we were going.

Victim
Sex: Male
Hair: Black
Eye: Grey
Height: 6'0
Wight: 250
Ability: none

'I hate police notes they are so minimal,'I thought to myself.

I felt a hand grab the sleeve of my jacket and pull on it slightly, I slowed my pace down and matched speeds with Ranpo, who seemed to want to talk to me. He pulled me closer so Atsushi wouldn't hear us whispering.

"Why did you lie to Atsushi?" He asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, and he shot me a glared saying,'I knew what he was talking about,' "Leaving things out isn't lying, I'll tell the truth if it ever gets brought up again, I guess," I said not really knowing if that was the truth or not.

"Don't lie, Y/n," He whispered.

"The only reason why you know is because of your ability,"

"So?"

"So let's keep it that way," I said and glared him, and he just frowned.

"Hey, you guys, I think we're here," Atsushi said awkwardly, trying to our attention. We looked forward at what Atsushi was pointing at. There were only two people, bothing examining the body. One had long black hair in a low ponytail, and she looked oddly fermiler. The other was much shorter with short dark hair.

"Excuse me, but are you the only two here?" I asked them, and they turned around.

"Yes, we are everyone who has already left, " the Purple-haired one said, "My name is Sakura, and this is my inturn Stevenson. He's from Europe." She said and smiled confidently.

"Y/n L/n, This is Detective Ranpo, and that's Atsushi, " I said, introducing all of us. "So why has everyone left?"

"Oh, the case is solved, " Sakura said. And Stevenson snapped her head my way with a crazy look on her face.

"I told you guys this was going to happen," Stevenson snapped.

"Are you the one who emailed the agency about the opossums and raccoons?" Ranpo questioned.

"Yeah, now look what happened, and an innocent man was killed because you ignored the case, " Stevenson said.

"It wasn't really a case more like roadkill," Ranpo remarked. I slightly eblowed him and shot him a glare.

"Steven Studied Psychology for several years, " Sakura said, her friendly smile dropped."he knows what he is talking about, "

"Okay, so what are we here for if the case is already solved?"I asked them.

"We know that someone in a small Mafia a few towns over did it since they left their signature marks at the crime scene, we just need you to find the exact person and put them in jail, We would really appreciate it if you could do that for us, " Sakura said.

"Of course I wil-" Ranpo started to talk, but Sakura cut him off.

"Not you, " She said and pointed at me, "I was talking to her, "

"Why me?" I asked she stopped for a second to think of something to say.

"I dont give men my number, " She said and winked at me.

"We'll look into it, " I said. Sakura smiled at me.

"Perfect, " She walked to stand closely in front of me. "Keep in touch," She said and then handed me a file with multiple papers in it, and a small card clipped to the front. "We're off,"