Yule Ball Pt. 1- Harry (fr)

Prompt: As the yule ball is approaching, both you and Harry Potter want to attend together, but end up asking other people in fear of ruining your friendship. Inspired by @notnotcasey on tiktok's series.

"I'm starving," Ron bellowed as he sat down opposite you at the Gryffindor dining table. Every day, he would repeat this, each time more genuine than the last. Harry sat silently next to him, picking at his food rather than eating it. You did the same. Hermione sat next to you, eating as she normally did. She looked at you, then your plate.

"Are you okay?" She whispered to you amongst the noisy dining hall. You nodded in response, then directed your attention to Harry.

"Ah," She nodded. Silent communication was the only outlet you could bare right now. Ron couldn't be more clueless.

"Hey, Harry," He said in between mouthfuls of sausage and tomatoes. "Who're ya askin to the ball?" You and Hermione exchanged looks once again. Harry remained fixed on his full plate.

"Harry," Ron repeated, nudging him with his elbow.

"Hm?" Harry finally looked up from his daze to
meet your stare. You quickly blinked away.

"Who're you going to the ball with? I heard Parvati-" He was cut off by Harry jabbing him with his elbow. Hermione perked up.

"I'm going to the washroom. Care to join, y/n?" Without allowing you to respond, she swiftly grabbed your hand and began walking out of the dining hall. You looked back at Harry as you were led away, a sorrowful and empty expression still on his features. As soon as the two of you were out of sight, Hermione stopped in her tracks.

   "Are you okay?" She crossed her arms, serious about getting the truth this time.

    "I mean, yeah," You replied. "How can I be mad when he has no idea-"

    "You have to tell him," Her expression was desperate.

    "Tell him what exactly?" You mimicked her posture.

    "That you love him, y/n!" Something so simple seemed impossible. You fell silent and your body slouched. She sighed and placed a hand on your shoulder as to comfort you.

    "I don't know, Mione," You removed her soothing hand from tour arm and stepped away from her. As if your gesture ended the conversation, a figure came around the corner behind you.

    "Malfoy," Hermione greeted him with a sour tone. You turned to see him standing only a few feet from you, dressed in his obnoxious all-black uniform.

    "Granger," He shot back, a devious smirk on his face. He looked down at you with the same mischievous expression.

    "Can we help you? We're in the middle of something," Hermione stood her ground.

    "Yes, I see that. Since y/n was finally away from Potter for a moment, I was going to propose that I accompany her to the yule ball this weekend, assuming he hasn't already asked her," You nearly choked. Your reaction widened his smirk. Hermione scoffed.

    "As if she'd go with you," Draco turned to you. Hermione did the same. You were silent.

    "Looks like you don't know everything, Granger," He teased. Hermione folded her arms and furrowed her brow.

    "You're impossible," She huffed as she stormed off back into the dining hall. After a moment of listening to Hermione's footsteps echo away, Draco turned back to you.

    "So he hasn't asked you yet? I knew he was a coward," His tone was angry instead of self-righteous like you expected.

    "No, he hasn't," You mumbled. He looked down at you with a glimmer of sympathy in his eyes.