04. ︴𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫

▬▬▬▬ 짙푸른 밤 가느란 하얀 달 그 끝에 앉아 그댈 보아요

⠀⠀⠀"M WASN'T WRONG WHEN SHE SAID JIN JAE-AE HAS POTENTIAL," MUJIN COMMENTED TO HIMSELF, REMEMBERING WHAT HE HAD SAW IN THE ARENA. "and by the looks of it, she also ate the divine pellets. how interesting, those two tigers that jin taejin raised."

a few hours ago, jae-ae had stood in the arena by herself. she defeated all the eliminated participants single handedly, even less than the required time and gained many people's favour. due to the stress of the pellets and bout, she eventually collapsed after the announcement of her win. before the girl's body could even fall to the ground, r who had been watching nearby caught her body and escorted her out with m beside him.

"are you awake?" a low voice asks jae-ae who groggily opens her eyelids, groaning at the slight pain that covers her body. by the sound of who called herー it was an old man that may have been around the same age as her haraboji. she gets up on her forearms, fingers rubbing her eyes for her hazy vision to clear.

"yes, thank you...?" jae-ae could see an old man, one with a long white beard. he was in red traditional clothing, but in closer inspection it was traditional doctor clothing. his right arm was missing, a needle in his left hand as the senior sat cross legged in front of mori's unconsious body.

"na bongchim." the name was familiar to her, until it had clicked in. he was of a part of the six, "the divine doctor? haraboji talked about you."

"who is this haraboji you speak off?" na bongchim asked out of pure curiosity, looking over to mori's body who had slowly started to wake up. "he should be waking up soon," jae-ae gave a nod, thanking him once more for his assistance as she started to take out the needles in her body. she found it odd, it didn't hurt.

"you'll be set after this last one." bongchim stated as he held the last needle up. yet in mori's vision, she saw an old man with red beaty eyesー ones he had mistaken would kill him on the spot. "don't move."

and like a child who paid no attention to their parents, mori sprung up to sit up, the needle which bongchim held went right through his scapula. mori's action had shocked the two fighters, yet somehow jae-ae wasn't the least but surprised.