Chapter 2: New People. Samantha

New People

    A few days later we were walking when we came across a group of people on the street. One of them got up and ran towards me. He bared his teeth, that's when I realized he was a vampire. I was so shocked that I couldn't move but Mike wasn't about to lose me. The others got up and went for Sam. From a distance I couldn't tell if they were vampires too. Mike rant to me and pushed me out of the way. I flew against a fence and cut my arm. He pushed the boy back and he flew into a wall all the way across the street. He ran to Sam and pushed him back making Sam fly into a trash can and cut his knee and arm. He pushed the other 2 back into the same wall as with the other guy. I ran over to Sam while Mike ran over to me. Once we got Sam up and healed we went over to the vampire and the yet to be determined's. They all looked up with hungry hurt eyes. I bent down to the little girl.

"What's your name?" I asked nicely.

"Layloni." she said with a high-pitched voice.

"Well, Layloni, are you okay?"

"She has a cut on her back." the other girl said with pure hate.

"May I see?" I asked.

    Layloni looked over to the older girl who nodded. Layloni turned around and lifted her shirt to reveal a big scratch.

"This will feel cold." I told her.

    I conjured up some water and splashed it on her scratch which instantly healed as soon as the water touched it.

"Thank you!" she said.

    I went over to the older girl. She had purple hair that went down to her shoulders and hazel eyes. Layloni had pink hair that went down to her shoulders too. Her eyes were green-blue.

"What's your name?" I asked trying to befriend her.

"Lona." she said getting up.

"Are you hurt?"

"N-aghh" she cried as she put pressure on her ankle.

    I looked at her doubtfully and conjured water to heal her. When I was done she stood tall and didn't cry out. She gave me a friendly smile which told me we were friends.

"Thanks." she said with a happier tone.

    I went over to the boy who had blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Daniel." he said knowing what I would ask.

"Are you hurt?" I asked while he got up.

"No, but, you are. I'm guessing you fell a long way from heaven."

    Lona hit him and he rubbed his arm, looked up, and smiled.

"She's taken!!" Mike said stepping in front of me.

"Why did you guys try to attack us?" I asked stepping in front of Mike.

"We've been on the street for 4 months and we're starving. When we saw you guys our hunger over-came us and we attacked. We're sorry, um, what's your name?" Daniel asked.

"I'm Samantha. This is my little brother Samuel." when Sam heard his name he stepped forward, "This is my boyfriend Mike. We've been on the street for more than a year now."

"Well, where are your parents?" Lona asked.

"They're...gone. It was all my fault." I said sadly.

"Samantha! It's not your fault!!! Quit blaming yourself!" Mike yelled in frustration.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." Lona apologized.

"It's okay. I'm okay." I told her.

"Hi, Samuel." Layloni said blushing a little.

"Please, call me Sam." he said.

    After that they went on and on. They talked like a couple that knew each other forever. Sam took Layloni on a walk while Mike and I had to deal with Daniel and Lona.

"Do you mind if we come with you?" Daniel asked.

"First, tell us what you are." I said strictly.

"I'm a vampire. I can call upon demons and angels and I'm beyond human intelligence." Daniel said proudly.

"I'm able to move things with my mind and I can freeze time. Layloni can see the future and she's learning how to teleport." Lona said.

"Is Layloni your sister?" I asked.

"Yes, and Daniel is my boyfriend."

"Where are your parents?"

"My mother and father were killed before my eyes." she said sadly.

"I'm so sorry. What happened?" I asked.

"The government came into our house and tied me up. Lona was out at the park so she had no idea. They wanted me to show them my powers. I refused knowing if I did they would take me away. They then tried a different tactic. They stroked my face and said if I didn't show them they would rape me. I couldn't bring myself to show them. That's when my mother and father came in and stood there shocked. They grabbed my mother and said if I didn't show them they would kill her. My mother mouthed not to do it so I didn't. Then they shot her and her body fell to the ground and stayed there lifelessly. I yelled and cried out. Then they took my father and said if I showed them he would live. Father always told me never to show my powers," she started crying, "so I didn't and they shot him. He fell on top of my mother bleeding out. I cried and cried until I realized they weren't coming back. My powers don't work when I'm angry or sad. I couldn't escape. The general told me to show my powers and I glared at him. Then, he kissed me and grabbed my breasts so roughly. That's when I realized he was serious!! That night was the worst night of my life because everyone had their turn on me. I didn't know what was taking Layloni so long. I was worried someone might've taken her. Then she showed up and stealthily hit everyone on the head with a lamp. If it weren't for Layloni I would still be with those cruel men. How did your parents die?" she asked.

"Mine's not nearly as bad as yours." I said and explained everything that had happened to my parents.

    I also explained who we were and what we could do. When I was done they stared at me.

"Wow, I can' believe they tried to take your little brother!!" Lona said.

"It was all my fault. Sam was still learning about his powers so he couldn't help them. But I could've. Yet all I did was witness their painful demise. I should've helped them." I said while tears streamed down my face.

"For Pete's sake!! Quit blaming yourself!! Your parents wouldn't want this!!! They wanted you to live to see a future with a bright sun and blue skies!! Make their sacrifice worth it!!!" Mike yelled.

"He's right. The way it sounds it seems like they sacrificed themselves for you. Don't let it go to waste." Daniel said.

    I took a deep breath and tried to control my rage. They didn't understand how I felt. I could've saved them! I should've saved them!! But, no, I had to watch them die before my very eyes!!!!

"Samantha, you did what you had to do. Quit blaming yourself. You saved me!" Sam said coming back with Layloni.

"But I didn't save them." I said sadly.

"It's not your fault. Please...stop blaming yourself." he whispered giving me a hug.

    After that we went ahead and brought along the other 3. Turns out Lona and I have a lot in common. We finally settled down in a little wooden shack. They fell asleep while I stayed up dreading tomorrow. Tomorrow would be my birthday and Sam would want to celebrate. I fell asleep with the thought of my parents on my mind.