Chapter 3: The Surprise. Samantha.

The Surprise

"Wow!! Samantha come look!" Sam yelled.
    I groaned not ready to get up.
"It's snowing!!" he exclaimed.
    This caught my attention. That meant it went from July to December. Thankfully, it skipped my birthday. Although, Christmas is soon and I have nothing for Sam.
"C'mon Samantha!!" he exclaimed dragging me over.
    I got up and was immediately greeted by a big surprise.
"SURPRISE!!!" everyone yelled.
    Then it hit me. Today was my birthday. July 24th. There was no snow it was just a trick to get me up.
"Happy birthday Samantha!!!" Sam exclaimed.
"Thank you...but I can't celebrate without mom and dad." I said turning to leave.
"That's where I come in." Daniel said and started chanting, "El com no play. De se no lay. Bring me thy. Come for day. Lay no more. Com say ta for thy. Cele day for which thy born!!!!"
    In a flash I saw my parents. They were all dressed in white and looked like angels. I smiled. Then, I saw a different pair of parents that looked like demons.
"Hi sweetie. Happy birthday." my mother said.
"Why didn't you come out?!?!? You could've saved us!!!!" the other mother yelled.
"Enjoy your cake sweetheart!!" father said.
"Enjoy your cake full of guilt bitch!!! It's all your fault!!" the other one said.
I turned towards the demon ones and was entranced, "I know and I'm sorry!" I said.
    Mike and Sam looked at each other.
"Sorry doesn't bring us back!!" he yelled.
"I know. It's all my fault." I said and fell to my knees.
"If she continues like this she'll get sucked in!!" Daniel yelled.
"We could be alive if you came out!!" he yelled.
"I know you can never forgive me but I'm sorry. It was all my fault I should've saved you instead of watching you die." I said while crying.
    Black arms came out from the demon mother and slowly inched towards me.
"Look at us. LOOK AT US!!! WE'RE DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!!!" he hollered.
"I'm sorry. I should've saved you like I saved Sam," I collapsed on the ground, "I'm...sorry. It's...all my...fault."
"Samantha!!" Sam yelled but I was long gone in guilt.
"Samantha don't let them drag you down they're demons!!!" Mike yelled.
"It's not your fault. You obeyed them. Your good not bad!!" Daniel screamed.
"Sam needs you!! You can't leave him!!!" Layloni hollered.
"Come back Samantha, please your my only friend who understands!!!" Lona yelled.
    I was trapped in guilt. I knew it was my fault and my parents just confirmed it.
"Daniel get rid of them!!!" Sam yelled.
"I-I can't they're too strong!!" he shouted.
"Samantha...please don't give in. It was never your fault. If you give in...it'll be all my fault because I could save you. Please if you leave me I'll never forgive myself." Sam said.
    My world started to lighten up. Something was happening but I don't know what.
"Please...Samantha. T can't be by myself. I need you Samantha..please don't go." he begged.
    Suddenly, my world was white. My conscience was clearing up. It hit me, it wasn't my fault. I obeyed my parents but saved Sam. They would've wanted that.
"Samantha please!!" he begged.
    My eyes slowly began to open but my vision was blurry so I couldn't tell if it was Sam or Mike.
"Samantha!!" he exclaimed.
"Sam?" I asked.
"I'm here Samantha!!"
"What did you mean when you said you could save me?"
"I don't know. I had a feeling that all you needed was to be convinced."
    I went over and hugged him. the demon parents were still there. Except, they were eating the angel parents!!
"It's all you r fault!!!" they screamed.
    This time when they spoke it was a crescendo of 4 people. They kept repeating it until it was drilled in my head. I crouched down with my hands over my ears.
"Stop it!!" I yelled.
    They kept going faster and faster. Louder and louder.
"STOP IT!!!!" I screamed.
    It really was my fault, wasn't it? I should've saved them.
"It's okay come with us and we'll forgive you." thy said.
"Make it stop!!!" I yelled.
"Make what stop?" Mike asked.
"The voices!!!"
"What are they saying?"
    Finally, I began to believe it. It was my fault. This was my punishment for letting them die. I broke down crying.
"It's my fault!! Okay? I admit it!! Make this punishment end!!!" I yelled at the demon parents, "MAKE IT STOP!!!!"
"Come with us. Accept your fate!" they yelled.
"AHHHHHHHH!!!!" I screamed.
    The 'father' opened up his arms and came at me. He closed me in a grip so tight I couldn't breathe.
"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!" he yelled and squeezed tighter.
    He picked me up and dangled me by my hair.
"What's going on?" Sam asked.
"The demons...they got into her head. They're trying to get her to go with them." Daniel explained.
"She can't! I need her to stay with me!!"
"She needs to fight this one. We can't help her now...she's in too deep."
"You can have me!!" I said not willing to take it any longer.
"No!! Please Samantha don't give in!" Sam yelled.
"I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE" I screamed.
"Samantha, please." Sam cried.
"End it now!! You can have me!! I...give up. It was all my fault and it still is." I broke down crying, "I'm sorry Sam, but I can't take the guilt. I'm sorry!! It's all my...fault." I said and faded into the guilt-land.