Chapter 8: Death Takes All. Samantha

Death Takes All

    I awoke with a head-ache. I looked around and saw Mike. I blinked and rubbed my eyes. He was on the ground. I rushed towards him to find a pool of blood. I gasped because my was dying. I felt for his pulse to find it was very low

"Mike...please don't die!! I need you!!!!" I cried.

"My love...I forgive you for I know you were being controlled. I love you dear Samantha. It's not your fault." he said.

    I hugged him and felt his chest stop moving. I was so desperate I began to perform CPR. '18...19...20.' I counted in my head. I breathed into his mouth.

"Please don't die. I-I don't know what happened."

"He's gone..." someone said.

    I turned around surprised that someone else was there.

"Sam...you've grown!" I exclaimed.

"You've been gone a year." he said and reached out his hand.

    I touched it and was shown everything that happened. I watched as I disappeared. As Sam was thrown in a jail cell by his self. As Sam showed the general the picture. As they escaped. As he cried for me every night. As he blew a fuse. As he grew older ignoring his birthday. As he cried out begging me to come back. As he watched me kill Mike. As he watched me float down. Up to now. I gasped. I looked down at Mike and looked over to Sam.

"I did this?" I asked.

    He nodded.

"It's my fault he died." I said realizing the truth.

"Don't start that now! I'm just glad you back." he said and hugged me.

"I killed him."

"No...you were being controlled."

    I broke down crying. I killed him. I watched as they controlled me and killed him. Then, I remembered something. Sam had said it was his fault. But...why? I thought back to what he said. I remembered coming back for a split second before I was sucked back in. He was saying something about knowing how to use his powers but thinking they'd let him go.

"They wouldn't have let you go. They would've killed you...or worst." I told him.

"I found that out the hard way." he said.

"Next time...if there is one...don't hesitate. Just use your powers. They want to hurt us. We can't give them that chance. It's better that we hurt them rather than them hurt us...okay?"

"Okay."

    I grabbed him and hugged him. I missed him. I missed Mike.

"Daniel how do we get to the Death Lands?" I asked pulling away from Sam.

"I don't know. I'll look in the 'Travela Booke.' he said.

"Okay, hurry up. I can't go another day without him."

"It might take a while."

"As long as I see him soon."

"Okay...so Lona you can come out now. You too Layloni. She's...better."

"What? AM I still possessed?"

"Depends...we're still in guilt land. I can get us out but do you still feel like it's all your fault?"

"I killed Mike but I know that what happened to my parents was not my fault." I said and it was true when Mike kissed me I felt a burden leave me.

"You didn't kill Mike. You were being controlled. If anything it was my fault for calling upon your parents...understood?"

"Yes...can we leave now?"

"Wait...what's going on?" Layloni asked.

    She looked down, saw Mike, and ran.

"EEK!!" she yelled and ran behind Lona who had a Crucifix.

"Is she cured?" Lona asked.

"Yes." I said.

    She ran to me and gave me a hug. When we pulled away she gave me a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry about Mike. But he insisted to be the sacrifice to bring you back." she explained.

"Okay Daniel. Take us back!" I said.

"Home is where these people belong

bring them back to their homeland

take us from the guilt lands

and back to Samantha's home!!" he chanted.

    Immediately we returned home. Sadly, he picked the wrong house.