Fighting Antelope

A/N: here's chapter 18 for ya guys.

Sports Festival Arena

Nel walked out to the arena as the crowd was absolutely roaring from the great fights they had seen s far and they were more excited to see what else these U.A students were capable of. As Nel stepped up onto the arena she saw who her opponent who was a girl that has a light pink skin along with rather square eyes with black sclera with light yellow irises. She has short fluffy pink hair that seemed to be styled in a rather unruly fashion. However one of the most stand out features of this girl was the set of two thin pale yellow horns that were protruding from her head."Are you ready Nelliel"? Midnight asked as Nel just nodded her head as Midnight turned her attention to the girl that was standing opposite from Nel and asked."Are you ready Mina"? The now named Mina nodded in response as Midnight called for the match to begin with the two girls rushing each other with Mina spraying a dark grey liquid like substance on the floor and began to skate across the arena to the attack Nel.

As Mina closed in on Nel she threw a fast left hook but Nel dodged easily and countered with a right hook of her own with Mina just about dodging the attack but Nel immediately followed up with a rapid overhand left that caught Mina right on the chin causing the pink haired girl to fly backwards a tiny bit with Mina quickly recovering as she looked over to Nel who just gave her a small smile. Mina again sprayed that dark grey liquid on the floor and skated towards Nel but this time when Mina reached Nel she jumped and threw a right knee to Nel's face that just nicked Nel's chin. As Mina landed on her feet she then threw a powerful left kick to the body and then immediately jumped off of her right foot and threw a powerful right kick to the head sending Nel stumbling trying to get her bearings.

With Grimmjow

"Damn Mina is really taking it to Nel".Halibel said to no one in particular while watching the fight as Nel ducked a follow up a wild swinging left hook."I wonder if Nel took Mina too lightly and that's why she is on the defensive right now". Shiho replied as both Izumi and Momo nodded her head but a chuckled caused everyone to turned to the source of the chuckling to see Grimmjow with a large grin on his face."While I do believe that might be the case right at the start we all have a different why of fighting correct". Grimmjow said as everyone nodded while he continued."Nelliel has a more defensive fighting style as she uses her Hierro to absorb the attacks she cannot dodge, this is to tire out her opponent so she can finish them off in one combo". Momo hummed in response while Shiho then asked."So kind of style do you and Halibel use"?

Halibel was the one to reply first."I'm more of a cautious fighter so I try and find my opponents weakness first then exploit those weaknesses to its fullest". Shiho nodded as she turned her attention to Grimmjow who chuckled again why replying."My style is extremely aggressive as in I don't give my opponent a chance to breath". Shiho nodded as everyone turned their attention to the arena once again.

With Nel and Mina

Nel ducked an oncoming left roundhouse kick and countered with a powerful right kick to the body and then followed up with a spinning left kick with her heel slamming into the small of Mina's back sending her flying across the arena. Mina pulled herself up and was panting heavily meanwhile Nel was still breathing normally. Nel gave Mina another small smile but this one had a sympathetic undertone to it as she charged up a ball of dark green energy as she yelled. "Cero"! Nel fired the dark green ball of energy at Mina who tried to dodge but her legs gave out on her causing her to kneel but the Cero hit the part of the arena right in front of Mina instead of hitting her dead on and sent the light pink haired girl out of the arena."Mina Ashido is out of bounds and the winner is Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck". Nel bowed to the crowed as she ran towards where Mina had landed and carefully scooped her up and walked backstage.

With Grimmjow

"Still got that soft heart Nel". Grimmjow said as he smiled to himself Halibel shook her head with a smile on her face while replying."It's one of her best qualities Grimm, we can't all be like you in a fight". Grimmjow nodded as he replied."Not saying its a bad thing besides its one of the things I like about her". Halibel immediately questioned."What else you like about Nel then"? Grimmjow let out a short laugh as he replied."I can't answer that in public". Halibel chuckled as she shook her head but someone spoke up."Nel sure is beautiful". Grimmjow and Halibel turned to see Shiho looking at the arena with a slight blush on her face, Grimmjow looked at Shiho with curious glance as he turned his attention back to Halibel and said."Learning new things about our classmates everyday". Halibel nodded and replied."Indeed". Shiho had now realised she had said that out loud and her blush grew as nearly her whole face had turned red. "Please don't tell her I said that"? Shiho asked in a hushed tone to both Grimmjow and Halibel however a voice then called out."Don't tell who what Shiho"? Shiho then turned to see Nel looking at her with a confused expression while Grimmjow stood up and left as he spoke up. "Well I need to get ready for my match for the next round".

A/N: and that concludes chapter 18 for ya guys, hopefully ya guys enjoyed and I'll see ya in the next chapter.