6. Pepper

"YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW TO LOOKTHROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES"-Pepper, Butthole Surfers

THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES"
-Pepper, Butthole Surfers

LENNOX MAY HAVE BEEN A PUDDLEMERE COACH FOR CLOSE TO A DECADE, with many accolades under his belt and a stellar reputation to boot - granted he had never managed to bring Puddlemere to the European Cup under his reign irregardless, but in Oliver's humble opinion the ageing man was spiralling.

Puddlemere's less than satisfactory performance prior to Robert catching the snitch had spurred him into ramping up their training regime more than ever before. Puddlemere often trained from eight in the morning until midday on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and then trained on Tuesday and Thursday evenings to account for all lighting conditions. But now, the team were spending an extra hour or more at training and working twice as hard. Their muscles ached, tensions were running high and Padraig and Adore were at each other's throats at the best of times. It wouldn't be long before they'd be tossing bludgers each other's ways instead of toward the opposite team.

Oliver was forced to ignore the agony that was shooting through his hip from the bump against the hoop he took trying to save the quaffle from Teppig's practice throw, hissing lowly to himself in pain as he tossed it back to the chasers. The rest of the team were having an even tougher time, as Lennox had charmed the weather directly above the stadium into a total thunderstorm in the hopes it would heighten the training experience.

A sudden bolt of lightening snapped straight down the middle of the field, eliciting a small scream of surprise from the entire team.

"You almost dropped the quaffle that time, Egwu!" Lennox roared upward towards the chaser, tone filled with disappointment.

Adore, who had been in closest proximity to Oliver at the time, looked back toward him with an incredulous glance. For the moment their eyes met, they shared the same thought - this was taking things too far. Shaking his head with disapproval, Adore nodded at the keeper to show she agreed with him. As lowly as she possibly could speak through the storm to avoid anyone overbearing, the redhead said something to Teppig. Oliver hoped it was a plea to their captain to intervene in the madness.

His suspicions seemed to prove correct when the captain spun in a downward direction on his broom until he met the coach, immediately beginning to exchange words that Oliver could tell was growing into a heated conversation even from as far up as he was. Once Teppig began to gesture wildly towards the players still in the air, the keeper took it upon himself to sail downward in the hopes of being able to help.

"-you're gonna end up killing us! That lightening bolt was so close to Wendy it nearly bleached her damn hair!" Were the first words he heard once Oliver came into hearing range of the two, immediately hopping off his broom once he was close enough to the ground and rushing toward them.

"It's this lack of dedication that nearly cost us the match last time, if you don't like it you know where the door is!" Lennox roared back, the veins in his neck becoming increasingly prominent the more he shouted.