7. Rock You Like a Hurricane

"MY BODY IS BURNING IT STARTS TO SHOUT,DESIRE IS COMING, IT BREAKS OUT LOUD

DESIRE IS COMING, IT BREAKS OUT LOUD."
-Rock You Like a Hurricane, Scorpions

"I'M DOING THIS OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF MY OWN HEART, and by that I mean it's coming from Puddlemere's budget," Coach Lennox announced to the team, who gathered around the elder man in an attentive circle in the hotel lobby. It was a rather grand muggle establishment, and would serve to house the members of Puddlemere United for the Quidditch match that would take place later that day. Of course, they weren't required to stay in a hotel at all for an away game. Floo powder, apparation and port keys made it possible for the witches and wizards to travel immediately home after the game if they so wished. However Lennox, feeling some semblance of guilt for his excessive training regime as of late, offered to give them the honour of staying in one of the luxury suites the Dorset hotel had to offer.

It sounded like a brilliant idea to the group at the time, who went starry eyed at the idea of room service, the complimentary spa and massage service and decadent staying quarters. Or at least it sounded brilliant until Lennox had casually mentioned they would be sharing the luxury apartments - two groups of two and one group of three. Suddenly, the images in her mind of champagne flutes and beds too comfortable to leave were replaced with the idea of bunk beds and shared toilets.

"I'll pick the teams at random to make our lives easily," he continued, huffing as he glanced between the members while he tried to think of how to divide them easily. "Oh what the hell, I'll just split you all from where you're standing."

Adore froze when he mentioned that. She had hoped to have been able to share a room with Wendy or Andre, but he pointed at those two as a pair, then to Teppig and Robert as another. That left Padraig, Oliver and herself as the trio. The latter two appeared visibly uncomfortable by the suggestion - with Oliver palming the back of his neck and Adore looking she like swallowed a lemon. They had surely been on better speaking terms since he heroically saved her from her disastrous double date, but they were nowhere close to being friendly enough for sharing a suite.

Padraig, on the other hand, seemed ecstatic. The Cork native slid in between his two new roommates and slipped either of his arms around their shoulders, a wide grin splitting his face.

"This is gonna be brilliant, lads. When we win we'll go out for a party, stumble back drunk and keep the party going in the suite. Lennox couldn't have picked a better trio!"

Oliver and Adore hummed in feigned agreement, awkwardly side-eyeing each other for a second before taking off in the direction of the lift once handed a key card each. The long ride to the top floor was particularly awkward for all except Padraig, who had somewhat broken the tension by his mindless babbling of all the things they could get up to after the quidditch match. The other two mutually scoffed when the words 'strip poker' were mentioned.

The three suites were all situated on the top level, being the only three 'rooms' on that floor and it soon became obvious why there was no space for another one. From the second the door unlocked, Adore's mouth fell agape at the sight of their living quarters for the night. It wasn't a single room at all, she was delighted to discover, and was just as Lennox described - a luxury apartment.