9. Brimful of Asha

"SHE'S THE ONE THAT KEEPS THE DREAM ALIVE, FROM THE MORNING TO THE EVENING"-Brimful of Asha, Cornershop

-Brimful of Asha, Cornershop

"OH LOOK," Adore grinned, placing the newspaper down onto the dining table as she looked upon her breakfast partner with a teasing grin. It was the morning after their victory against the Wimbourne Wasps and of course, Adore and Oliver's ceasefire agreement. The two were sitting amicably at breakfast, indulging in the vast array of muggle food they got delivered to the suite by room service without any hint of awkwardness between them. Although neither would ever admit it, it was quite enjoyable for both parties.

"What?" came Oliver's reply, as he settled down his glass of orange juice to lean over and see what she was indicating toward. His gaze scraped over the headline, which was placed under the moving picture of his very own girlfriend. "'Brilliant Boucher Plans Charity Bash for Victims.'"

Adore snickered at the dramatic tone in his voice as he read the title aloud, quizzically quirking his eyebrows as he leaned in even closer to read the subtext. In Adore's mind, she wondered if he was feeling pride for his 'brilliant' girlfriend. From what she read, Beatrice was in the midst of planning a charity ball to generate reparations for the families of victims lost in the war against Voldemort and his followers. The redhead tried to push away the part of her that was inwardly rolling her eyes, of course brilliant Beatrice Boucher was doing such a thing.

The beater couldn't help it - there was something about the socialite Oliver was dating that rubbed her the wrong way. Adore generally felt uncomfortable around people who tried so hard to come off as polished and enviable as she did, and found herself always seeking out flaws that made them somewhat human. Perhaps it was envy she was feeling, envy that Beatrice was so perfectly perfect while Adore was so imperfectly imperfect.

The sound of a scoff dragged her attention away from her dancing thoughts, as she looked wide-eyed toward Oliver as he was in the middle of an actual, physical eye roll.

"I literally was saying last week that something should be done for families of the victims and now she's taking credit," he complained, leaving Adore positively flabbergasted that he seemed to be just as bitter and resentful as she was. "That's a load of shite that is."

"'A cause very dear to my heart,'" Adore read aloud the direct quote from the blonde bombshell. "Did she lose someone as well?"

"Is a unicorn's blood brown?" Oliver continued to rant, and although she shouldn't have taken any pleasure in it Adore was positively living. "She was touring America for two years. She doesn't even know anyone that passed away. She's my girlfriend and all, but I wish she wouldn't try so hard to get public respect. Especially when it's something that's actually dear to my heart."

"Yeah," Adore responded meekly, although inside she was roaring with agreement. She still had to choose her words carefully, at the end of the day Beatrice was Oliver's girlfriend and any wrong comment could send him in into full defence mode for his partner.