IV: A Day with Ruby

[Gradation Air has levelled up by one.]

[Quest: Projection has been cleared! Bonus Objective has now been unlocked. Time Limit: 2 Weeks]

[Rewards]
Gradation Air has evolved into Projection.
+10 Intelligence
+1,000 EXP

[Projection is now Rank B.]

[Due to gaining [Skill: Projection], you have obtained Alteration.]

[You have levelled up.]
+210HP
+310MP
+6 Stat Points

It was late on Friday night that I finally got that notification, and I had to stop myself from screaming with joy.

Three days. In just three days of non-stop creation, and storing in my inventory, without sleep, that I finally managed to get Gradation Air to Level 50 and clear the initial step of the quest!

Thankfully I hadn't been caught when doing so. It would have been a bit awkward to answer questions like that, but I managed to do my work without Ruby, Yang, or anyone else noticing what I was doing for three days.

I won't lie and say the process wasn't tedious and didn't give me a headache just from how long the process was taking, but I was done! And, it meant that I could, finally, get some actual level grinding done! I quickly brought up Projection to read about it, as well as the new skill I'd obtained in Alteration.

[Projection (Active) – Rank B – Lv. 50]

Recreation of objects the user has seen. Imperfect copies, but who said a fake cannot beat the original? No longer are the copies hollow and worthless, now they are true weapons that can be used in battle!

Weapons Projected will be 1 Rank lower than their originals. Cannot project weapons of a higher rank than Projection. Cost: 10MP

[Alteration (Active) – Rank E – Lv. 1]

The power to give an object a property or effect that it originally didn't have, as well as change the structure of the object. Some objects cannot have their structure altered. Cost: 10MP

I gave a nod and a grin as I read the description, before I brought up my stats page. I wasted no time investing two points into intelligence, two into vitality, and then one into strength and one into dexterity. That would give me more MP when I next levelled up, more health, and I'd be a bit faster with more strength.

Hopefully, that would be enough when I started the grind. The extra levels I'd gotten in my Magic Circuits Quality was also very good, as it was Level Forty and was considered C Rank.

At the moment, I had more pressing matters... Like where the hell I was going to get the money for my day out with Ruby. I didn't want to make her pay for everything, that was just a dick move on so many levels. Especially since it was my idea.

I looked towards my inventory, but there was nothing in there save the cosmetic I'd unlocked and over a thousand fake butter knives...

I paused.

... Could I sell these knives?

Sure, the story was locked until I hit a higher level, but was I at least allowed to sell things?

I decided it couldn't hurt, and decided to verbalise the command. "Sell 1,225 [Butter Knife (Fake)]!"

Instantly, a screen popped up in front of me.

[Are you sure you want to sell [Butter Knife (Fake)] x1225 for 1,225 Gold?]

My eyes bugged out. One Gold was ten Lien, that means I'd have over twelve-thousand Lien in this one transaction!