XIV: Monarch

You know, I thought the Job Change quest was going to be a breeze.

The notifications I got upon entering told me otherwise.

[You cannot leave this dungeon until you have cleared it.]

[In this area, your Potion and Store ability are restricted. On Level Up, you do not receive Status Healing.]

"Well... That sucks," I grumbled to myself, glancing around the dungeon.

Based on the structure, I seemed to be in some sort of old castle. There was a lit torch on the wall for me to carry through for light and many more hanging on the walls, cobwebs and rubble down the path as far as I could see.

I grabbed the torch off the wall, and began walking forwards through the halls, wondering what kind of enemies that I'd end up facing in this dungeon.

I didn't have to wait long to find out as I heard the clanking and banging of heavy armour as an armoured figure came into view, holding a sword.

[Knight]

That simple name hung above the monster's head in an orange colour.

"A knight," I hummed in thought. "So, the castle means this is a medieval-style dungeon after all... And all my enemies are going to be like knights from the old days when people still used castles..."

I couldn't help but grin at the thought of fighting against knights.

I dropped the torch as I charged forwards. The knight swing down at me, but I simply moved to the side, landing a solid punch on his stomach. His entire form rippled as I unleashed a shockwave, causing him to blast back and land on the ground hard.

[You have slain a Knight.]

"... Is that it?" I muttered as I snatched another torch off the wall. "I suppose my Martial Arts skills are making this easier on me... The Dungeon is clearly taking into account my level and stats, not the extra damage I can deal thanks to my Martial Arts techniques."

I walked forwards, cracking my neck... Before I heard more sound. Looking back, I saw there was a whole company of knights standing there with various weapons.

I grinned. "Now that's more like it!" I dropped the torch and charged into battle.

One knight swung at me with his mace, I dropped low to dodge, before hitting him in the chin hard with a rising kick, sending him up to the ceiling.

Two knights swung at me from the top and bottom, but I wasn't going to let that happen so easily. I did a small jump, flattening my body mid jump and dodging between the blades as they passed right where my head and legs were. I planted my hands on the ground, doing a split kick and hitting both of them into walls.

I pushed off the floor with my hands, spinning around and hitting another knight with a roundhouse against the side of his head, sending his helmet flying off and crashing into the wall.

A knight came up behind me, no doubt trying to catch me off guard. I only glanced back, lifting my leg up in the back-rising kick, hitting the helmet with such force it shot up into the ceiling as the knight died.

The final knight charged at me, but I only lifted my hand and caught the blade. I took a little damage, but my gloves prevented hand injuries. I pressed my hand against the knight's helmet. "Goodbye."

A pulse breath was unleashed right in the knight's head, blowing up the helmet as the body slumped over.

I took a breath, wiping away the notifications that I got telling me that I killed the knights, but did notice that I got some drops. I opened them up to observe them.