𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 14

Bear's point of view

I was about to lunge at him when Mari spoke up"That's enough! I may not understand what I'm saying but it's obvious you two are being mean to each other, there's no need for it. Apologize to each other and make up please" that sweet voice seems to calm me down no matter what. "What are you guys waiting for, hug and say sorry" I'll just have to play nice with him when Mari is around. He trudged forward, just like I did. And did what Mari said, it wasn't a hug but more of a grapple.

"I'll mount your skull by my bed so you can watch me, pauk her into a-" he spat.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, the first thing they teach us to never underestimate your opponent. I'd be careful if I were you" I let him go with a slight shove and smirked. "What did you two say to each other?" Mari said while putting her hands on her hips. "That we were sorry, don't worry Mari it was just some teasing" I purred to her. She glanced at me "okay... so, wait- what's your name? You never told me"

"My name is Cent'au, I heard there's a lovely river around here. My men and I will go down there, would you like to come?" I bit my tongue to stop me from hissing, I can't act like that to him around Mari that's for sure. "Sure! I got some games in my shed, I'll go get them" she speed-walked to the back door, I followed behind her closely. She unlocked the shed and turned the light on.

It was full of gardening tools however there was a shelf full of colourful things. "Bear do you think you can help me carry this stuff?" she asked sweetly with puppy dog eyes. There was a lot and I mean a lot of things, I couldn't say no. Courting starts now, even if she doesn't know it yet. She will be mine. "Of course I will" she talked about the things she did when I was gone as she handed me a few things that you carry on your shoulder. Then bags. Lots and lots of them. Oh well, anything for my mate. "Bear I don't have a swimsuit, I don't know what to do" that snapped me out of the daydream I was in. "Can't you make something?"

"I haven't got the right material, I tried to get some to buy some but they ran out of stock" I growled, of course, they were whoever she was talking about. I quickly messaged Yeyin to bring my old wet-suit from when I was a pup. I always had a feeling I would need it. "Don't you worry, I've got something for you. Yeyin will bring it."

"Thank you so much! I really should stop wearing your things. Next thing you know I'll be wearing your armour next" she laughed.

"Mari you wouldn't believe how happy it makes me happy when you wear my things" I purred. It does make me happy, also it'll mark her with my scent a little bit. She handed me more stuff. And more. "That's everything! Should we wait for Yeyin?" I nodded. We waited for a few minutes and out of nowhere Yeyin landed in front of Mari "What's up Mari!" he playfully yelled. She squealed when he hugged her.

Yeyin doesn't like her... does he? I got that thought out of my head Yeyin wouldn't do that to me, right? He put her down and gave her my wet suit. "I can't come with you. I'm busy cooking up a storm for the clan feast" she nodded and waved him goodbye. Cent'au came out with the clan from the back. She waved and smiled at him, I felt my eye twitch. "Isn't she cute, Ori?" he said to the warrior on his left, probably second in command.

"Yeah, I guess, I just don't understand why you don't go to the market and get one or a game reserve"

"I was going too, but as soon as I saw her. I felt like she must be mine" I glared at him. I felt Mari tug on one of the many bags "do you want me to carry a little bit?"

"No I'm fine, I'll do anything for you" she smiled at me. I felt my heart skip a little. We started the trek to the river, the weather was perfect so no chance of rain. It seemed like half of the clan came but there were still maybe a good 500? The river is huge. When we got there everyone seemed to group up with friends or people they could tolerate.

"Bear can you hold a towel around me while I get changed?" I nodded and put down the games. She handed me two towels and showed me what to do. I was staring at the river, it was calm, only moving slightly. "Oh! It fits me perfectly, how old were you when you wore this?"

"I think I was 6? Maybe a bit older, I was very small as a pup" I folded the towels and put them on a branch. Mari handed me her clothes as well and I did the same thing. "I'll start setting up some games, can you help?" I nodded. She looked at the assortment of games on the floor "Mari, you didn't have to bring all this" I cringed when I heard cent'au, his very existence disgusts me. He started to chatter nonse to her.

I heard some splashes, most of the males were in the water, their armour or belongings placed on the bankin in the groups they choose to spend time with. After setting up a few, tenis, rounders, snakes and ladders and a few other things I forgot the name of. I was shocked that most males seemed interested which made Mari ecstatic. She explained the rules and picked out supervisors for the games.

I sat in the shade watching, I'm actually not a big fan of heat like, from the sun but a warm bed is lovely. My skin and dreadlocks burn, I think Oomans call it sunburn, so I get sunburn then. Also, my skin itself is ridiculously sensitive so the only thing I can use is a certain healing gel which is sparse if your a badblood. That's why I stick to the shade if I'm hunting or resting. Mari came running over to me. "Can we play a game of tennis please!"

"Of course but you'll have to tell me how to play" she squealed and ran to one of the courts I followed closely behind her.