Chapter 1: An unexpected turn of events

I woke up in my tent to see my dad making pancakes while my mum was talking to him. Even though we were only staying on the quidditch world cup campsite for a couple days, my dad had brought an arrangement of pots and pans, pancake mix and a portable stove with him as he knew I loved waking up to the scent of pancakes.

The quidditch world cup was today. So as you can imagine I was very excited for the day. To see the players soar through the sky, the tension, the action! This was a regular thing me and my family did every 4 years when there was a world cup.

"You're finally awake!" Mum said.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's only 8:46." Dad answered.

"Then why were you acting like I had woken up at 1pm?" I exclaimed.

"I was only teasing you." Mum said as she walked to me and patted me on the head.

I shook my head and smiled then looked at my dad.

"I see you're making my favourite." I said while smiling.

"Blueberry pancakes for the fairest lady in the land." He said with an overly posh British accent.

I giggled.

"After your mother of course." He added while winking at mum.

Mum smiled at him then walked over to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Get a room you two." I said.

We all chuckled.

I loved my family very dearly. We almost never fought - we were always happy and laughing and never even dared to shout at one another. If we ever did have a fight, It would be during board games because dad always cheated. 

"Are you excited for today?" Dad asked.

"HELL YEAH YOU BET I AM!" I shouted enthusiastically. 

"who are we cheering for?" Mum asked.

"BULGARIAAA!" we all shouted together then laughed.

"I can't wait to see Krum play!" I said.

"Does someone have a little crush on Viktor Krum?" Dad said in a sarcastic tone.

"Shut up" I replied.

"There's nothing wrong with having a crush on a boy." Said mum winking and nudging me.

"I do not have a crush on Viktor Krum" I said in a serious tone.

There's no denying that Viktor Krum was an attractive boy. However, he seemed to be the type to date multiple girls at once. And in all honesty beside good looks and good seeker skills there was nothing to him in my opinion. Therefore he wasn't my type. And besides, I had my eyes on someone else...

After sharing a whole bunch of laughs till it felt like my cheeks hurt, with a full stomach I decided to explore the campsite hoping to find my best friend Luna Lovegood. Mum and dad were cleaning the dishes so they didn't come with me. 

I walked around the campsite and spotted a girl with platinum blonde hair and immediately knew it was Luna. I sneakily walked over to her and without her realizing I jumped on her back giving her a giant hug.

"LUNA!" I squealed.

She jumped then laughed and turned around to hug me back.

"You scared me (Y/N)" She said.

"I missed you" I said while still hugging her.

She pulled away.

"Don't ever scare me like that again" She said.