Chapter 8: The first task.

November 24th

It's the day of the first task and I'm as nervous as ever.

I can't imagine how Harry's feeling knowing that the first task is dragons and with Ron not wanting to talk to him.

I went with Luna to the stadium and we sat at the back because I did not want to be THAT close to a dragon.

I had already told Cedric that the first task had to do with dragons.

The objective of the first task was to retrieve a golden egg that was being guarded by a dragon — the egg would be located within a clutch of real dragon eggs.

The Champions assembled in a tent near the arena that had been built specifically for the Task.

Cedric was the first champion to tackle the task, against a Swedish short-snout. He used a spell to change a rock into a dog to distract the dragon.

I could not stop biting my nails at this point.

The dragon took the bait, and Cedric went for the Golden Egg. 

Halfway through, the dragon turned its attention back to Cedric, and burned his face.

"I can't look." I said as I stuffed my head into Luna's shoulder.

"Wait look." She said.

Cedric had retrieved the egg and passed the task.

My immediate thought was that I had to run to the tent.

I rushed over to the tent where I saw Percy guarding the entrance.

"Percy could you please let me in?" I asked.

"Only champions and teachers are allowed in here." He replied.

"Fuck off Percy, if you don't let me in I'll tell Mrs. Weasley who you're dating and you won't hear the end of it." I said then gave a smirk and crossed my arms.

Without saying anything, he just stepped aside.

Well that was easier than I had expected.

I ran inside and tried to look for Cedric and I heard his voice shouting in pain.

"FOR FUCKS SAKE." I heard him shout.

I followed his voice where I saw Madam Pomfrey tending to his wound.

"Mr Diggory just because you are in pain does not mean you can shout such treacherous words." Madam Pomfrey said sternly. 

I quickly went to hold his hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He quickly coughed to clear his voice and then said a very low tone.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." and tried his best not to shout.

I rolled my eyes.

"Cedric now is not the time to act all tough just to impress me." I said.

"I don't want you to see me like this." He said still trying not to shout.

"I'm not going to judge you." I said.

Madam Pomfrey gave him a drink of what I assume to be a mixture that is helpful for his wound.

He squeezed my hand so tightly I thought it was going to break.

And just like that his scar went away and he was fine.

It's crazy how magic works.

"Is the pain gone?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied.