-15-

"Just tell us where the place is!" Wad's scream reverberates in the confession room. Kongpob remains still by his side, giving the drug dealer— their primary suspect to a recent murder case of an 18-year old college student— a glare of his own hoping to make him talk.

"I didn't kill the boy," Is the drug dealer's response. "He bought a drug to me and was overdosed. How was that my fault? I didn't kill the boy, the drug did."

Kongpob lays a comforting hand on Wad's shoulder to make him stay at his place when he sees that Wad is close to banging the drug dealer's head on the table. 

In frustration, Wad slams his hand against the steel table. Then, he pulls out several documents from his folder. On it are pictures of the victim with multiple stabs— 8 stabs scattered across his body and a fatal blow on his chest. 

"Does that look overdose to you?" 

The drug dealer raises his eyebrow, still as calm as ever. "That's not me. I left as soon as I gave him the drug."

"You're the only one to enter and leave the place. No records show anyone other than you entering the place."

"Like I said, not me."

Wad squints his eyes. Covering the CCTV camera on the upper corner, he walks closer to the drug dealer and lays his gun on the table, its muzzle pointing towards the man. "Tell us where you hid the weapon."

Kongpob groans. This is the first he became partners with Wad, the only reason is that this man used to be his perp. Wad asked him to interrogate the man since Kongpob is a familiar face. However, when Wad began shouting curses and threatening the man, acting like a perfect bad cop, Kongpob regrets everything.

If this is how Wad closes his cases, coercing the suspects into telling him where the evidence rather than deducing it, Kongpob is not shocked anymore that there are dirty words against Wad roaming around. Kongpob heard that Wad also spent an ample time being an undercover cop, it must have affected him, but still, Kongpob did that too but he's perfectly fine.

"Wad, stop-"

"No, Kong! Come on, this man knows something."

Before Wad could punch the hell out of the man, a tap on the glass from the other side of the confession room stops him. 

It's Prae, the district attorney. 

Beckoning the two detectives to meet her, Kongpob silently thanks Prae for ending his misery with Wad.

"I want you to let go of him." 

Yet, starting another misery. Kongpob frowns at Prae's way. What is she thinking?

"What?! No. This man killed a teenager, are you out of your mind, Prae?! He's a murderer." Wad glares at Prae. For the first time today, Kongpob agrees with Wad. 

"There's no evidence suggesting he did. You can't even find the weapon, Wad."

"It's obvious he's the killer. Do you seriously believe this man? He's lying! The teenager must have known something. And still, he's a drug dealer, he's confessed to selling to the teenager."

Prae nods, her composure never losing. "That's why I need you to let go of him. He's going to be my star witness to bust the mafia gang I've been following for months. Someone told me this man right here is the key, he may not be part of the inner circle but he knows the information so you're going to let go of him."

"And let him walk a free man? No!"

Prae pulls out several documents. "This is from the mayor, he's ready to give him a pardon so you're going to release him, Wad. I will talk to him."